Director of Business Development
3 days left
- Working from home
- Feb 23, 2023
- Mar 30, 2023
- Analyst, Business, Management
- Government and Public Services, Nonprofit
- Career Level
- Executive (Director, VP, Department Head, etc)
- Full Time
The ideal candidate must be a highly motivated professional with experience supporting Business Development for the nonprofit or tech sectors, including seeking out and responding to proposals from the Federal Government, improving and expanding existing offerings and curating lasting relationships with potential customers (both government and for profit industry). Existing experience pursuing and managing Federal contracts highly preferred.
This position will provide support to cross-discipline and cross-functional teams in identifying and tracking opportunities, potential customers, developing proposals, and refining NAPHSIS’s business development procedures to ensure the highest quality standards and fiscal solvency.
They will also lead efforts with our partners and our membership to manage the development of the new mobile birth certificate/death certificate products both in terms of finding and securing funding to support this new work, and managing the policy, technical and procedural aspects of the work. This will require an ideal candidate to possess both business development skills AND be adept at project management with diverse stakeholders.
NAPHSIS strongly believes in employees’ professional growth and offers a yearly stipend to each employee to invest in professional development training courses. NAPHSIS is a 100% virtual office that believes in collaborative work, self-motivation, and creative thinking & solutions. Our work culture follows the Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE) - 100% accountability to measurable results, and 100% autonomy to make smart decisions every day. As a ROWE work culture, we strive to be crystal clear on measurable results required to successfully serve our customer and collaborate with one another. At NAPHSIS, there are no set policies or rules about when, where, how, or with whom we conduct our work - these decisions are left up to each employee based on the measurable results to which they're held accountable. To learn more about ROWE, visit https://www.gorowe.com/
Business Development Skill Set
- Provides specialized business development expertise to NAPHSIS proposal processes, product marketing and other outreach activities
- Leads proposal development writing and editing, budget development/costing; and research efforts related to new business opportunities
- Organizes and supports the content side of the NAPHSIS Identity Conference; identifying and reaching out to potential partners, sponsors, speakers and experts to create a compelling related to business development capture processes, proposal design, budget development, and proposal after-action discussions
- Provides expertise across departments to help develop business models for various areas of NAPHSIS work
- Conducts identification of and, when appropriate, outreach to potential and current partners and clients for business development as well as strategic outreach efforts.
- Lead efforts that support the role of vital records in electronic identity management services within the private sector, federal agencies and other partners as appropriate
- Help develop new products to meet emerging/existing use cases and promote existing system solutions
Program Management Skill Set
- Develops the strategic framework for the essential role vital records plays in the larger digital identity landscape and ensure that the products/services/programmatic work in this area supports the members and the organizational mission
- Provides leadership and coordination for national standards development around the administrative use of vital records data
- Applies experienced leadership and subject matter knowledge in developing and implementing new products and services that serve customers while appropriately respecting/adhering to state laws around access and use of vital records
- Anticipates changing policy and program issues and helps to inform national advocacy strategy to ensure that member needs are represented and supported
- Develops and fosters collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including federal agencies, other membership associations, and others representing or seeking vital records data sources
- Synthesizes complex concepts and/or issues concisely into key messages and actionable steps for both internal and external audiences
- Working with the Executive Director and the Systems Team, shares responsibility and accountability for the NAPHSIS slate of electronic vital records products and services, assuring fiscal solvency, excellent customer service, data accuracy and integrity, and innovation.
The newest project the Director will oversee is the development and implementation of a digital issuance. Similar to current Mobile Driver’s License pilot projects, the Director will work with the NAPHSIS community and beyond to lay the groundwork for this next step in the evolution of vital records.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation commensurate with experience. The salary range is ($110,000-$150,000). Our benefits include a fully paid medical, vision, dental for employees and generous coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and dependents. The employee’s life and disability insurance premiums are also fully funded by the association. We offer paid time off, parental leave, and match up to 6% of employees 401K contributions on their first day of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May require lifting up to 45 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is required to sit for long periods at a time; type using a computer keyboard; visually read information from a computer monitor; talk, hear, and orally communicate information over the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel out of town averages 1 - 2 (2-3 day) trips per quarter.
Apply for Director of Business Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly