- Arnold & Porter
- Washington D.C.
- Feb 23, 2023
- Mar 30, 2023
- Full Time
The Operations Department of Arnold & Porter has a Receptionist opening in the Washington, DC office. The Receptionist welcomes clients, guests, and office personnel to the Firm in a professional and efficient manner.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting and greeting clients, guests, and office employees.
- Answering the telephone in a courteous and professional manner, forwarding messages to the appropriate attorney or staff member in a timely manner as well as handling routine inquiries.
- Providing backup telephone services for Arnold & Porter offices outside of the Washington, DC area.
- Assigning visitor offices for attorney and staff visiting the Washington, DC office.
- Assigning temporary badges to attorneys and staff as well as maintaining the Temporary Badge Log.
- Assigning parking chaser tickets to clients and guests as well as maintaining Parking Chaser Ticket Log.
- Sorting, documenting and identifying the owners of unidentified mail.
- Maintaining a professional appearance of the reception and seating area (organizing newspapers and periodicals).
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of prior reception experience in a law firm or professional services industry.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the Firm with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Proficiency in general clerical skills.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness commensurate to handling confidential and sensitive material.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Possess reliability, dependability and motivation.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional client service, both internal and external.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an EO Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.