As a Senior Diversity & Inclusion Specialist, you will implement strategies to increase representation within The Post. Reporting to the Diversity & Inclusion Director, you will partner with Talent Acquisition, HRBPs, and business leaders to establish scalable practices for our organization while utilizing data-informed insights. The D&I Senior Specialist will focus on executing strategies to embed diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging into The Post's day-to-day operations and culture, including training, recruiting, and retention.Motivation:
- You have an enthusiasm for diversity, equity, inclusivity and enabling a culture of belonging
- You are energized to work on multiple projects and activities in pursuit of successful goal outcomes
- You enjoy complex change management initiatives and desire to move efforts forward
- You are a strong collaborator and work across teams and stakeholders to achieve diversity goals
- You are data-driven and enjoy creating context through data analysis and reporting
- You like developing programs from a nascent state, pulling together resources and finding solutions to challenges
- You have high emotional intelligence (EQ) and practice strategies that enable you to communicate effectively, empathize with others, overcome challenges and defuse conflict.
- Build trust-based relationships and maintain continuous communication with Inclusion Networks' leaders and members to support DEIB initiatives and activities to drive engagement.
- Ensure that the Inclusion Networks' activities support The Post's overall mission and keep the Inclusion Network Council informed about these activities.
- Cultivate an inclusive environment by working closely with the Talent Development & Culture team to ensure our development and engagement strategies are inclusive of diverse talent.
- Partner with the Talent Development & Culture team to create DEIB learning and development content by sourcing, developing and facilitating training courses to advance employee understanding of DEIB topics.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to track and analyze the effectiveness of current DEIB practices. Incorporate elements of the DEIB strategy in the recruiting, staffing, and interviewing activities. Maintain and actively monitor diversity hiring and attrition statistics. Partner with the Employee Brand team to incorporate DEIB messaging in internal and external communications.
- Monitor progress made on The Post's diversity goals by tracking internal diversity metrics, preparing reports, gathering feedback from internal inclusion networks, etc.
- Increase awareness by creating content for DEIB-related initiatives, including cultural awareness campaigns.
- Promote DEIB efforts in the company by working closely with the DEIB director to implement the diversity strategy.
- Stay relevant with the market by managing the company's participation in industry surveys regarding DEIB.
- Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of projects.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, DEIB-related, business, or equivalent experience.
- Four or more years of progressive experience working in Diversity & Inclusion function.
- Proficiency in excel with manipulation and analysis of diversity data.
- Previous experience working to develop and sustain successful inclusion networks or employee resource groups is a plus.
Wherever you are in your life or career, The Washington Post offers comprehensive and inclusive benefits for every step of your journey:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company-paid pension and 401(k) match
- Three weeks of vacation and up to three weeks of paid sick leave
- Nine paid holidays and two personal days
- 20 weeks paid parental leave for any new parent
- Robust mental health resources
- Backup care and caregiver concierge services
- Gender affirming services
- Pet insurance
- Free Post digital subscription
- Leadership and career development programs
Benefits may vary based on the job, full-time or part-time schedule, location, and collectively bargained status. The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post
. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow