Program Assistant, Executive Office
Program Assistant, Executive Office
Washington, DC, US
The Institute of International Finance (IIF) is the global association of the financial industry, with member firms from more than 60 countries. The IIF provides its members with innovative research, unparalleled global advocacy, and access to leading industry events that leverage its influential network. Its mission is to support the financial industry in the prudent management of risks; to develop sound industry practices; and to advocate for regulatory, financial, and economic policies that are in the broad interests of its members and foster global financial stability and sustainable economic growth.
The Institute is currently seeking to recruit a Program Assistant to manage the operations and logistics of IIF’s Future Leaders Group (FLG) and special initiatives of the Executive Office assisting in program development as well as managing the budget. This position will report to the Chief of Staff and is part of the Executive Office team.
- Plan two multiday, in-person meetings for the Future Leaders Group per year. One event will take place domestically and one internationally. This involves securing meeting space, contracting hotel room blocks (if applicable), booking social activities/entertainment, planning meals, and managing all speakers, Future Leader attendees, and staff onsite.
- Plan and manage any virtual meetings and activities throughout the year.
- Liaise with IIF members during the annual FLG nomination process, and as necessary throughout the year.
- Partner with the Corporate Communications team to develop creative and unique ways to spotlight the Future Leaders on social media and other platforms.
- Continue to develop the Future Leaders Alumni Program.
- In partnership with the Executive Office and Global Events team, help develop and execute special ad hoc initiatives and events, this includes managing the scheduling process, drafting invitations and logistical notes, and helping with speaker guidance and programming.
- Work with the Global Events team members on researching speakers and entering information into database.
- Assist with registration needs, meetings inbox and other duties as required while event staff members are on holiday.
- Provide administrative and support to the Chief of Staff, and the CEO in the absence of the CEO’s Executive Assistant.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree and at least two years of professional experience- finance, consulting, or agency experience a plus. Applicants should have strong command of the English language and excellent written and oral communication skills. Personal attributes such as a high degree of professionalism, ability to work effectively as a member of a team or independently, the ability to handle confidential documents with discretion, and attention to detail are essential. Candidates must exhibit comfort juggling multiple priorities, exercise good judgment under time pressure and strong project and time management skills. Strong and efficient research capabilities and demonstrated experience with membership database software and event planning is preferred. This position requires occasional international and domestic travel.
To apply, please visit the careers page on our website at https://www.iif.com/careers to submit your cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume.
IIF is pleased to provide its staff with a hybrid work environment. Covid Vaccine Requirement: IIF requires all those hired to provide proof of full vaccination against Covid. Accommodations will be provided only as required by applicable law.