Dewberry, an AEC industry national professional services firm, is currently seeking an ERP Systems Administrator
to join our Information Technology Group based in Fairfax, VA. As Dewberry continues along its digital transformation journey, we are looking for an energetic candidate to join our team in support of our new Deltek Vantagepoint ERP platform. This mission critical system manages all aspects of Dewberry's project financials, including general ledger, AR, AP, purchasing, contract billing, time & expense processing. This new position will have broad exposure to all facets of SaaS management. Working collaboratively with application specialists, operation staff and stakeholders, this candidate will support and optimize our new Deltek Vantagepoint ERP platform, focusing on three key areas:
- Platform Management
- From managing application & role security to learning/supporting Deltek's cloud & application administration processes, this role will be critical in maintaining a secure and optimally functioning platform.
- The candidate for this role will participate in routine application upgrades, working with IT and our functional teams to ensure a smooth upgrade experience.
- Application Configuration & Troubleshooting
- From researching new features to conducting root cause analysis, this candidate will be responsible for application changes as well as triaging system incidents.
- Custom Development
- There will be opportunities to use SQL skills for stored procedure/customization development. This is a growth role; with a mature and highly functioning team in place, we are looking for a candidate willing and open to learn from others.
A successful candidate will have had some experience with large-scale SaaS platforms, as well as client service and IT operations experience. Ideally, they must be a problem solver, intellectually curious, detail & process oriented; basic accounting knowledge is a plus! While functioning as part of a cohesive team, this person must also be able to work independently with internal end users to assist them with their functional and technical processing issues.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Monitor and track internal (user) and external (vendor) service tickets for issue resolution and customer requests
- Coordinate with/assist the operational teams in assessing and testing minor application updates or major application upgrades that impact existing processes and integrations.
- Learn our new Deltek Vantagepoint ERP platform, from the functional and accounting processes it supports to technical configurations and customizations we will be employing.
- Effectively communicate, work with, and liaise between end users, functional stakeholders, IT, and 3 rd -party vendors.
- Adopt and promote good change management rigor, utilizing/supporting our development & test environments.
- Assist in developing functional and technical requirements, specifications, and associated documentation as needed.
- Work with the Enterprise Solutions team and end users to perform unit and integration testing.
- Partner with our business stakeholders when configuring the system, including user access & role security, to meet business needs.
- Work with the team to customize and configure workflows, business rules & approval routes.
- Partner with the Enterprise Solutions team in developing stored procedures, custom reports, and invoice templates.
- Directly support end users with application related issues.
- Continuously research new features and enhancements to extend the value of our platform.
Required Skills & Required Experience
Skills & Capabilities:
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Detail and process oriented
- Ability to formulate application solutions and program logic from business requirements
- At least 3 years working with SaaS/ERP systems or related experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, MIS or related field is preferred
- Familiarity with Deltek Vantagepoint a plus
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles a plus
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Experience & ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- At least 1-2 years working with MS SQL or similar query language
- Practical knowledge of MS Office environment (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access)
- Manages complexity: making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Technical savvy: Readily learns and adopts new technologies; anticipates the impact of emerging technologies and makes adjustments.
- Action-Oriented/Drives Results : continues to accomplish objectives despite obstacles and setbacks
- Collaboration and Effective Communication: Ability to engage directly with business customers and other technical teams in a language the business can understand
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.