Access Services and Makerspace Coordinator
7 days left
- University of Maryland Libraries
- College Park, Maryland
- $53k to $60k. 22 days of vacation, tuition remission, health and dental, and retirement plans.
- Feb 20, 2023
- Mar 27, 2023
- Customer Service, Other
- Education, Colleges and Universities
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
NATURE OF WORK:
This position reports to the Head of the STEM Library, the largest branch on the College Park campus. The STEM Library serves several colleges and schools, including the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, the A. James Clark School of Engineering, and the College of Computer, Mathematical and Natural Sciences. This position has multiple important roles in providing quality service in the branch, including: a) Makerspace and b) Access Services operations, c) Processing operations. In Access Services, responsible for all day-to-day operations: billing, reserves, document delivery and ILL services, equipment for loan, as well as supervising circulation and Makerspace student assistants. In the Makerspace, leads the development and expansion of the STEM Library Makerspace and assists with daily operations. Additional responsibilities include managing STEM records in the catalog.
- Bachelor’s degree Three years of experience directly related to the primary duties of the position with at least one year in a lead or supervisory capacity. Ability to work effectively with people at all levels within and without the University system; evaluate student assistants and budget requirements; set and adjust priorities and be flexible in order to respond to shifting work demands. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute complicated and continuing assignments independently; to manage office operations and staff. Working familiarity or aptitude with both Windows and IOS platform computer workstations and relevant research and circulation software including Aleph (catalog), Drupal and LibAnswers analytics, or equivalent products. Ability to work in an office, follow procedures, and operate equipment; knowledge of UMS policies and procedures and the institution’s purpose, goals and procedures, particularly as they pertain to the UMD libraries. Familiarity with best practices pertaining to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Comprehensive knowledge of academic library system standards, policies and procedures related to personnel, collections and services. Working knowledge of and facility with a complex library automation system and its functions. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate clearly, and in writing with all persons potentially affected by the scope of the work. Strong service orientation; ability to anticipate customer and staff needs and seek ways of providing satisfactory solutions; ability to interact effectively with a diverse staff inside the libraries, with the students, staff and faculty of the University, and with individuals from the greater research community. Ability to manage tasks in response to varying time pressures with shifting priorities and changing constraints; demonstrated ability to analyze service pressure related issues, and organize workflow to maximize efficiency. Advanced ability to use computer programs including word processing, database, spreadsheet, and presentation software; the ability to help our patrons use these programs. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate clearly, and in writing with all persons potentially affected by the scope of the work.
For the full position description, please go to https://www.lib.umd.edu/about/careers/staff-faculty.