314 Main Street (21020), United States of America, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Senior Associate, Product Management (On-Demand Finance), Product OperationsJob Description
Do you want to be part of a team transforming an entire department by discovering business needs, uncovering where value lies, and working with technology, design, subject-matter expert, and finance professionals to create product solutions? Do you want to work in a fast-paced new product development team? Does the idea of interfacing with internal customers and across functions to do discovery and research, to find solutions that drive value, excite you? If so, we want you!
Our product team is part of a larger group focused on the transformation of Finance at Capital One. On Demand Finance is what we are calling our transformation journey and we have a clear vision of the destination. We are currently focused on reimagining our associate experience, reducing manual work and enabling associates to leverage streaming and enriched data so they can provide real-time insights that enable enhanced decision making at every level. Ultimately our Product journey will transform the Finance organization and how we develop and deliver critical business outcomes, in addition to how we engage with partners across Capital One.
As a Senior Associate, Product Management in Product Operations, your role will be to help shape a Product Operations function that is designed to help our Product teams create and grow our products into something that our finance associates will love. You'll work with internal customers and stakeholders to determine what is working (or not), establish and enhance Product Management best practices, and own Product Operations initiatives.
You will have accountability for facilitating elements of the product management lifecycle across our product teams to ensure Product Operations helps those product teams deliver the best products to our Finance customers. This is a highly collaborative role, where success requires being able to get into the weeds with the product teams, problem solve and deliver.
As a Senior Associate, Product Management in Product Operations, you will:
- Create amazingly intuitive Product Lifecycle processes that help our product teams deliver business value and improved associate experience
- Facilitate and train product teams in elements of the product lifecycle, including road mapping, goal setting, story writing, product execution, testing, and/or product roll-out strategy
- Contribute to product learning agendas and OKRs to measure success/failure
- Execute with a sense of urgency to deliver solutions and on priorities
- Work independently across geographically diverse teams
- Demonstrate strong ability to intuitively identify impediments on the critical path and problem solve to unblock them
- Use excellent communication skills in navigating a matrixed organization
- Champion the use of the right product technologies to drive and improve product processes
We want you if you are:
- Intellectually Curious: You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer. Comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn and a seeker of new challenges
- Communicator & Influencer: You can communicate complex ideas clearly regardless of your audience. Our team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. You always can rally associates to work with you
- Do-er: You're biased toward action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can get around roadblocks and stay focused on your goals. You're well organized, able to multitask and able to prioritize your work
- Passionate & Customer Focus: You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You get a thrill from the journey of building and shipping products, and you have a desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs
- Learner: You have an appetite to learn new things or new technologies all while exhibiting humbleness when the time comes to ask for help
- Team Player: You enjoy working with diverse people and driving the team toward a common goal. You have the ability to put the team before yourself and establish long-lasting relationships
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of product management experience or at least 1 year of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, or project management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Product Management, or similar field
- 1+ years translating business strategy or analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 1+ years of experience working on core product platforms powering digital experiences
- 1+ years working with cross functional teams as a product owner in an agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $108,669 - $128,205 for Sr. Associate, Product Management
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).