4 days left
- University of Maryland, College Park
- College Park, Maryland
- Feb 17, 2023
- Mar 24, 2023
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Full Time
Title: Administrative Coordinator
Position Number: 120280
The Coordinator position in the Office of Civil Rights and Sexual Misconduct (OCRSM) provides administrative support to the Director and Title IX Coordinator and office support in a busy university environment. This position handles sensitive information in the strictest of confidence and with appropriate discretion and tact.
The Coordinator provides executive-level support to the Director, including, but not limited to: independently draft legal communications related to the adjudication and appeals process; schedule individual and group meetings; schedule investigative meetings; coordinates sexual misconduct hearings; organize and assist with special projects; manage and maintain the Director’s calendar; coordinate all details for meetings; prepare necessary briefings and meeting materials; and manage travel arrangements for the office.
The Coordinator is also responsible for answering the main office telephone line; screening all calls and logging each call into the database; and greeting all faculty/staff, students, and visitors for the entire office. This position requires discretion and sensitivity to those visiting the office. The Coordinator will respond independently to general inquiries when appropriate and makes instant and accurate judgments in forwarding inquiries and requests to the OCRSM staff or other departments within the university.
This position is responsible for: assist the OCRSM staff with travel, manage a tickler file of all trainings conducted by the staff for auditing/reporting purposes; independently open, sort log, and distribute mail to the appropriate staff member or recipients; assist with catering and room rentals hosted by OCRSM; exercise independent judgment and initiative in establishing and updating complex and sensitive filling systems; manage the filling, equipment inventory, and supplies for OCRSM; and assist the Intake Coordinator with data entry, when needed. The Coordinator must be able to maintain the office website, including but not limited to adding and removing special event information provided by the OCRSM staff.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience where one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work is required;
- With a Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience in a professional area is required.
- With an Associate’s degree, a minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in a professional area is required.
- With no degree, a minimum of seven (7) years relevant work experience in a professional area is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of and skill in the practical application of generally accepted office practices and procedures.
- Ability to work with a team and communicate effectively and accurately both orally and in writing.
- Attention to detail and ability to proofread, draft, and edit written documents.
- Skill in various computer software packages, such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation programs, Internet, email, and calendaring software.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and University policies.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external parties in a courteous, professional, and efficient manner.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and independently execute multiple and continuing assignments with general instructions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in legal or higher education setting
- Intervention training experience with sexual assault issues
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience with Maxient or case management software
Physical Demands Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.