Staff Accountant I
- Washington D.C.
- Feb 16, 2023
- Mar 23, 2023
- Accountant, Administrative
- Full Time
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Staff Accountant I for a two-year, non-exempt, renewable appointment to provide accounts payable support in the Finance Department. This position will report to the Accounting Manager and is based at IFPRI Headquarters located in Washington, DC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the day-to-day processing of accounts payable transactions. Process monthly journal entries, reimbursements and cash receipts. Process monthly reconciliation of the accounts payable related general ledger accounts. Process and review compliance and balance field office expenditure reports for posting. Enter collaborator contracts in the system and ensure that payments are charged against the corresponding Purchase Orders. Handle vendor wire enrollment information and process weekly wire payments. Process payments through ACH and live check. Prepare manual checks for wire and ACH. Handle weekly cash deposits and process monthly deposit entries. Review and approve staff expense reports. Serve as back up administrator for D4D, OnBase document management system. Assist in monthly and year end closings. Assist with document/file retrieval during audit season. Provide general administrative support (copying and scanning documents, electronic filing). Other assignments assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or any closely related field, or three years of relevant experience. Detail oriented and ability to process daily a high volume of transactions. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Strong analytical skills. Excellent English language skills (oral and written).
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint.
Physical Demand & Work environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time. Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading.
At IFPRI, we prioritize the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends. In response to the increased transmissibility with recent COVID-19 variants, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, as a condition of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
IFPRI Washington D.C has a hybrid work environment that allows staff members a minimum of two days in-office work and three days remote work.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.