Learning Management Specialist
- University of Maryland
- College Park, Maryland
- Feb 15, 2023
- Mar 22, 2023
- Technology and Software
- Full Time
Position title: Learning Management Specialist
Position #: 125579
The Learning Management System Specialist works within the Learning Technology Strategy team, to drive learning innovations through institutional-wide initiatives and will be a member of the Academic Technology & Innovation group in the Division of Information Technology. This individual will work closely with the DIT staff responsible for tier one, tier two support, application administrators, integration specialists, instructional designers, Learning Technology Experience team, and deployment of new technologies and services on campus and will assist with QA and compliance, and assist with implementing documentation for these technologies.
As a member of a dynamic and highly skilled team, the individual will be primarily charged to focus on maximizing the university’s learning management system (Instructure Canvas) and integrating instructional third-party tools by facilitating all operational aspects of a wide range of procured services. In addition, the Learning Management System Specialist will perform tests and pilots of viable technologies and assist with crafting documentation to move from the plan/build to run and complete the integration in production once approved by the IT Security and Compliance team.
We are looking for a passionate, highly creative individual who has great project management skills. The Learning Management Specialist will work under the general supervision of the Enterprise Learning Technology Systems Manager and will be a member of the Academic Technology & Innovation team in the Division of Information Technology. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of instructional technologies, participating in bi-weekly meetings with the supervisor, and maintaining a record of significant projects focusing on next steps, deliverable deadlines, budget when appropriate, and risk assessment.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in education, instructional media or related field or 5 years of related experience
3 years’ experience working with a learning management system and a wide variety of instructional technologies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in the use of learning management systems and a variety of instructional technologies
- Ability to foster faculty enthusiasm for and engagement in the use of innovative technologies for teaching.
- Ability to build good rapport across all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work in a busy environment, be self-motivated, and be flexible.
- Strong strategic thinker who can communicate innovative ideas and concepts to many audiences.
- Good English-language written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to effectively lead multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Committed to customer satisfaction: exceptional skills in collaboration, consultation, communication, customer support, data analysis, and time management.
- Driven by standards of excellence and committed to continuous improvement. High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, creativity, and commitment.
- Masters degree in Education or instructional technology or related field.
- Knowledge and experience with the following platforms: Canvas and Service Now skills and knowledge
- Medical, [uhr.umd.edu] dental [uhr.umd.edu], and vision [uhr.umd.edu]coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission [uhr.umd.edu] for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package [uhr.umd.edu] to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits [uhr.umd.edu] created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more… [uhr.umd.edu]
Salary range $68,000-$83,000
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Best consideration date: 03/01/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/104483
Vaccine protocol: The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu [ejobs.umd.edu] and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.