Customer Support Rep, Facilities Central
- Washington D.C.
- Feb 14, 2023
- Mar 21, 2023
- Customer Service
- Full Time
Facilities is a department under the Executive Vice President and Treasurer’s portfolio, manages and maintains GW’s property and grounds on all three of GW’s campuses. This includes housekeeping, routine and emergency maintenance, moving services, pest control, project management, life safety upkeep, HVAC repairs, grounds maintenance, and recycling/waste management.
The Facilities Central Unit, part of the Service Delivery & Property Management Team, is the hub of Facilities Maintenance and Property Management. The Customer Support Representative, Facilities Central, is responsible for facilitating and responding to all maintenance service requests submitted by students, faculty, and staff 24/7. The Customer Support Representative, Facilities Central will utilize the Asset and Inventory Management System (AIMS) and FixIt systems to provide quality customer service to Trades Workers in various Trades’ shops. This position reports to Manager, Facilities Central.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Answer incoming work requests calls. Assist customers with questions, concerns and problems. Offer troubleshooting assistance and temporary resolutions to emergency calls or urgent requests.
- Direct customers to submit work requests online using the entry form through FixIt for routine work. Guide customers through the process of submitting requests for all categories of work.
- Follow specific operating procedures as identified by management to review Customer Service Approval Queue to verify details, accuracy, and thoroughness of work requests submitted by customers. Call customer to obtain more information when necessary.
- Submit and delegate verified and reviewed emergency work requests/calls in the AIMS.
- Assign requests to the supervisor-designated callout responders for the relevant shops.
- Appropriately escalate Customer Service Requests based on the status of importance.
- Perform customer satisfaction calls and initiate follow up actions if necessary.
- Administer the policies and processes of checking in and checking out keys for all needs including staff use, contractor use and student use. Confirm contractors are on an approved list of companies that have completed the background clearance requirements prior to checking out keys. Ensure that all persons checking out keys are aware of and understand the procedures in place.
Perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.