- COLUMBIA WOODWORKING INC
- On-site in NE Washington D.C.
- Up to $75,000 per year + benefits incl. 6% 401(k) match
- Feb 08, 2023
- Mar 15, 2023
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
Position: Accounting Assistant
Job Type: Full-Time (Monday thru Friday, 6 AM-2 PM)
Location: Washington, DC (no remote available)
Pay: Competitive, Salary
- Collect employee timecards, review for accuracy and completeness, and follow up on missing or unapproved time.
- Calculate job cost on timecards to ensure accurate project labor cost.
- Track and record all paid time off per company policies.
- Reconcile expense reports and installer time and submit for approval.
- Enter hourly and salary time and expenses into accounting system on a weekly basis in accordance with the established payroll processing schedule.
- Verify payroll for accuracy and completeness and meet with human resources to ensure all changes have been updated.
- Generate and review reports against weekly spreadsheets and provide reports to financial officer for final review and approval.
- Print and mail payroll checks and direct deposit slips to employees.
- Maintain payroll files and payroll data ensuring data is secure using established procedures.
- Submit weekly certified payroll reports using 3rd party vendors and form WH-347.
- Respond to external vendors and internal clients regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment, open purchase orders, and resale certificates.
- Research information to provide accurate and timely solutions to internal clients and vendors.
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the correct purchase order and/or job or general ledger account codes are used.
- Enter invoices into Star builder accounting system; accurately reflecting discounts, posting periods, and due dates.
- Produce reports for weekly disbursements and open items for review by financial officer.
- Generate payment to vendors weekly and match the check with backup for review by the financial officer.
- Maintain vendor files and information to ensure easily available information.
- Review monthly vendor statements and address any outstanding invoices.
- Enter hand checks into accounting system monthly ensuring correct general ledge account codes are used.
- Monitor open purchase orders to ensure invoices as posted correctly and closed when paid in full.
- Maintain documents for annual FSC audit and assist purchasing in preparing for annual audit.
- Reconcile and replenish petty cash as needed.
- Collaborate with project managers and others to ensure billing accuracy.
- Generate monthly AIA invoices for each project.
- Prepare and submit complete billing submittal packages in accordance with general contractor requirements for each project.
- Enter change proposals into accounting system and file.
- Review and request change orders from general contractors.
- Resolve project specific customer and internal billing matters.
- Reconcile billing and payment discrepancies.
- Complete and file lien waivers as needed.
- Maintain job files (both hard files and electronic).
- Process and post cash receipts against open AR.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Must be able to multi-task and adjust to new situations quickly.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and investigative skills.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn and assume increasing responsibilities.
- Ability to display thorough and logical follow-through on any given task or project.
- High numerical aptitude
- Proficient typing and 10-key skills
- High School Diploma or GED