The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) is seeking a Sr. Maintenance Planner for the Office of Maintenance Planning and Scheduling. The successful candidate for this role will be part of the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) group whose primary role will be to plan maintenance actions in order to assist in the successful execution of maintenance activities.This is a dynamic role which will provide significant opportunity for the candidate to develop, configure and modify the scope of maintenance job plans. Therefore, the successful candidate will be a motivated individual with proven maintenance planning skills. The ideal candidate will also have excellent interpersonal skills as well as excellent communication skills; both written and oral.The successful candidate will have demonstrated strong computer skills, including the ability to develop and execute complex queries in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS); and significant knowledge of maintenance requirements for WMATA's operational equipment.Candidates with prior experience in the maintenance of Transit Systems and/or equivalent asset management experience are preferred. Prior experience with Maximo Enterprise Asset Management is also preferable. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or related engineering field.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, a High School Diploma or GED and four (4) years of experience in an electrical or mechanical maintenance role, in addition to the experience state below, will be considered
- A minimum seven (7) years of experience in a maintenance role which includes experience performing administrative maintenance management activities, understanding and utilization of maintenance principles, or utilization of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) (i.e., practical experience as a Maintenance Planner and/or Scheduler)
- Experience must include at least 2 years previously in a Maintenance Planner role
- Possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) certification
- Proficiency in Maximo modules: Assets, Locations, Preventive Maintenance, Master PM, Job Plans, Campaigns, Work Order Tracking, and Inventory.
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations. SUMMARY
The Senior Maintenance Planner performs asset maintenance planning for assigned WMATA maintenance departments and leads efforts in improving the execution of maintenance control processes. Responsibilities include developing, configuring and modifying a complete scope of maintenance job plans, containing schedules, labor, work packs, procedures, tools, materials and equipment. Works with engineering offices to provide planning, scheduling, technical and document management support. Develops, revises and assists in the implementation of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) programs for all applicable maintenance departments. The incumbent is also responsible for providing guidance and direction to junior planners and Scheduling Coordinators. In addition, the Senior Maintenance Planner serves as the subject matter expert for the Computer Maintenance Management System (Maximo) for their assigned department. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Works independently to develop the scope of work, resource requirements, and parts requirements to complete preventive and corrective maintenance tasks in a safe, compliant, efficient, and effective manner.
- Ensures that Work Orders are properly generated, planned, and closed within WMATA's Computerized Maintenance Management System (Maximo) to maintain an accurate workorder backlog that maintenance can efficiently work from.
- Leads collaboration with managerial and supervisory personnel within assigned maintenance departments regarding the scope of job plans to secure the necessary manpower and resources for effective production and maintenance outcomes
- Leads collaboration between Maintenance, Engineering, Operations and other supported departments to ensure that all internal beneficiaries of maintenance receive timely, efficient, and quality job plans.
- Supports departments with technical or procedural guidance to ensure accurate asset configuration, work order management, and documentation of work in Maximo
- Works independently, periodically collecting and analyzing preventive maintenance work orders to inform stakeholders of compliance related to statutory inspections and maintenance.
- Gathers campaign status information from engineering and maintenance personnel, collects campaign status data from Maximo, and analyzes the data to determine overall campaign performance, variances, and risk areas.
The functions listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision. Evaluation Criteria
- Creates maintenance job plans for WMATA's vehicles, sub-systems, components and support equipment within Maximo, allowing for the proper execution of maintenance activities including.
- Performs short- and long-range planning activities, including regular analysis of corrective maintenance (CM) and preventive maintenance (PM) backlogs to balance and sustain a proactive preventive/predictive maintenance program.
- Establishes maintenance departments' job plan timelines and goals to determine and arrange required shop work, minimizing downtime and interruptions to normal operations.
- Manage work order backlog to effectively prioritize work and optimize execution efficiency.
- Updates maintenance procedures within Maximo as necessary based on the review of equipment work order history and failure analysis to maintain the effectiveness and efficiency of established maintenance job plans.
- Responds to inquiries made by Authority stakeholders related to asset history, periodic inspections, and compliance to assist in identifying trends and making recommendations to improve safety.
- Visits the field to assure that all job plan steps are being complied with.
- Prepares maintenance job plan projections for budget planning purposes.
- Collaborates with Quality, Engineering, Contractors, and applicable maintenance departments for complete clarity of job scope for planned work to be performed.
- Produces work packages covering all equipment safety, tools and parts for the maintenance work performed to ensure that quality parts are correctly identified, pre-assembled, protected and checked for correctness.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Skills and/or behavioral assessment
- Personal interview
- Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
- Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
- Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety sensitive positions)
- Review of a current motor vehicle report
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.