Registration & Meetings Manager
- Rockville, Maryland
- Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $67,802 – $75,336; https://www.asha.org/careers/asha-jobs/benefits/
- Feb 07, 2023
- Mar 14, 2023
- Customer Service, Management
- Associations, Nonprofit
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage general logistical support for the Association meetings and conferences and to manage the specific registration needs of the Convention and conferences. The position will serve on the Event Services team and through collaborative and effective project and process management, promote and provide best-in-class services, event experience and design, to benefit the member engagement objectives of the Association. Specific responsibilities will include serving as primary manager with the outside registration company, providing direction for large citywide Convention needs, and coordinating related support. This position has an active role in the planning and on-site management activities at the Convention, and other meetings or conferences as requested. The Manager must be highly skilled in providing excellent customer service in all areas of management and to various clientele, with balanced skills for both detailed and creative work, and be dedicated to clear communication and collaboration with team members, colleagues, and vendor partners. Some travel is required.
- Serve as the primary lead to the Registration Management Company in all aspects of registration including the development, testing, and implementation of systems, establishing best practices, creating forms, badge printing, and maintaining corresponding websites for member and partner use.
- Ensure accurate use of discount codes, group discounts, and registration categories.
- Implement and assure compliance procedures that support data accuracy and integrity.
- Manage, forecast, and analyze registration data and trend; make data-based recommendations for revising standards, policies, and procedures.
- Work with Director of Event Services, Associate Director, Events and Registration Management Company to design and execute an efficient, effective and customer friendly onsite registration experience including design/layout, signage, technology, staffing, conference collateral, and badge pick-up.
- Co-manage the scheduling of the ASHA Board, Committee and Council activities, locally and at the Convention, including coordination of AV and F&B, from planning to on site management, and other special projects as needed.
- Collaborate with the Finance team and Registration Management Company on processing invoices, payments, refunds, and reconciling revenue.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with emphasis on business management, hospitality services and oral and written language skills or related field.
- CMP Preferred
- 3-5 years of work experience in managing event related activities such as registration, accounts reconciliation, and customer service inquiries.
- Experience working with hotels, staff groups, member committees and program management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of meeting registration rates and rules.
- Demonstrated experience writing correspondence and informational materials.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Exceptionally strong technology skills in basics such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and ability to learn and implement new software applications with relative ease.
- Experience with NetForum or other AMS highly preferred.
- Demonstrated good business writing and proofreading skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of meeting planning, including floor plans, square footage, scheduling, registration forms, financial reconciliation, and audiovisual equipment.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to work cooperatively and to interact effectively with members, the public, and all levels of ASHA staff.
- Positive work ethic and dedication to exceptional customers; ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with colleagues, members and the public.
- Commitment to working both independently and as a team player; ability to relate well to others, build relationships, and constructively interact with a variety of colleagues, employees, volunteers, and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects involving careful attention to complex details within deadlines and under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, interpret, and report data.
- Strong oral and communication skills.
- Proven ability to complete large quantities of work within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated good business writing skills and proofreader skills.
- Solutions-oriented, with the ability to think both strategically and operationally.
- Commitment to DEI, within the association, with members, vendors, and daily-work.
- Ability to travel appropriately 14-21 days a year.