77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
Manager, Risk Management
The U.S. Card Partnerships team provides oversight of and support for Capital One credit card programs. The Manager will drive horizontal, well managed activities across partner and infrastructure teams. This individual will work with business partners and clients to identify and manage existing and potential risks to comply with policies, regulations or Compliance recommendations. This activity includes understanding regulatory risk and partner processes to create a comprehensive oversight and governance environment through control consultation and design activities.
They will also lead and/or support Partnerships operational and well managed initiatives, such as: compliance assessments, policy adherence initiatives, audits and exams. This person must leverage problem solving skills to ensure business plans deliver on intent and maintain key process documentation. This individual must be able to effectively communicate and influence partners across multiple levels of the organization. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, results oriented, and the ability to adapt to an agile environment are essential to succeeding in this role. This individual must display strong leadership skills and be able to drive and motivate a team in delivering flawless execution of process improvement projects. General Responsibilities:
- Driving proactive, cross-partner risk management by monitoring and analyzing control and operational processes, includes consulting and developing of quality monitoring controls and partner oversight
- Performing annual, cross functional reviews and assessments to align and coordinate knowledge management
- Develop reporting and trending analysis to improve control performance and help drive control coverage
- Identifying risk exposure gaps and driving changes across Partnership card processes
- Supporting information requests, response reviews and remediation for audits/exams and assessments
- Coordinating cross functionally to accomplish projects and resolve issues, while also managing multiple tasks independently
- Educating and gaining buy-in from key stakeholders to ensure appropriate execution and find ways to simplify and adjust processes to improve quality and efficiency
- Performing annual procedure, standard and policy reviews
- Conducting account and process level control testing by using multiple systems of records and regulatory and policy guidance
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of operational experience or risk management experience
- At least 3 years of project or process management experience
- At least 1 year of experience in people or relationship management
- MBA or Master's Degree
- 5+ years of operations management or risk management experience
- 5+ years of project or process management experience
- 3+ years experience in management of multiple projects concurrently in an autonomous environment
- 3+ years of experience in people or relationship management
- 1+ years experience in control design or testing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).