RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Applies knowledge and skill to assist in planning and implementing a comprehensive food service program that follows the policies and procedures of the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
- Performs a variety of food preparation and cooking tasks such as cleaning, paring, peeling, slicing, dicing; grilling, frying, baking broiling, pouring liquids and mixing ingredients.
- Prepares and cooks a variety of more complicated/time consuming foods such as meats poultry, seafood, vegetables, stews, casseroles, gravies, sauces, and baked goods following standard recipes.
- Works with Food and Nutrition Specialists to prepare menus and submit food orders and purchase requests.
- Assist with "on the job training" of other kitchen staff members and serves as consultant to youth cooking clubs/health and fitness programs as required, and follows risk management procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years old or a 17 year old dependent of a Service member or Department of Defense Civilian Employee.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/physical/background requirements for this position.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations in accordance with current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations.
- A one year probationary period may be required (either initially or upon conversion, if applicable).
- Successful completion of annual training requirements within the prescribed time frame and demonstrated on the job competence is required.
- May be subject to an irregular hours, evening and or weekends.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) Check.
- Work involves continual standing and walking, frequent stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, and bending.
- Work is performed in kitchen areas, which are well lighted but are often hot and noisy. Employee is exposed to steam, fumes, odors from cooking, and to extreme temperature changes when entering walk-in refrigerators or freezing units.
- Must be able to lift or move objects up to 40 pounds unassisted, and occasionally lift or move objects weighing over 40 pounds with the assistance of other workers or lifting devices.
- Must stand on tile floor, subject to burns, cuts, bruises, and slipping on wet floors.
A minimum of 6 months of work experience directly related to the duties described above, that included skill in working with professional kitchen appliances and equipment. Be able to communicate (verbal and written) in English. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. on a routine basis.
The full position description can be found here. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information Area of Consideration
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is worldwide.
This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as needed. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur. Manual Application
Allowances, Incentives and PCS Costs:
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 pm CST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit%20for%20Army%20NAF%20Childcare%20Positions.pdf
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/ .