Lead Analyst - Data Analytics
- MAXIMUS Inc.
- McLean, VA
- Feb 05, 2023
- Mar 12, 2023
- Technology and Software
- Full Time
Lead Analyst – Data Analytics
Essential Job Functions:
- Build reports and dashboards and conduct analyses support of ongoing project operations and strategic initiatives.
- Develop operational workforce tolls and analyses; address urgent and high impact business problems.
- Conduct analyses on large volumes of data; Analyze operational data, identify trends, and provide insights and analyses around operations and project data.
- Lead project management activities.
- Lead large analytic initiatives.
- Develop and deploy advanced methods to analyze operational data and derive meaningful, actionable insights for stakeholders and business development partners.
- Develop and maintain accurate forecasts to predict staff need under a variety of intake volumes and conditions using data/statistical analysis, simulation modeling and other mathematical methods.
- Establish effective and efficient formal and informal dialogue with systems analysts and subject matter experts to facilitate the understanding, clarification, and implementation of requirements and reporting needs in an agile development environment.
- Function as point of contact for data and analytical usage across complex projects, and guide operational partners on product performance and solution improvement/maturity options.
- Provide a leadership role for the work group through specific operational or analytical knowledge.
- Manage the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications. Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Ensure that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision making capabilities.
- Learning emerging technologies and systems of need for MAXIMUS initiatives.
- Activities to support team communication and strategy implementation (meetings, etc.)
- Project management activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Analytics, Data Science, or Information Technology.
- 5 years of experience performing data analysis of operation and analytical systems for management review including daily call center operational analysis, staffing and staff scheduling optimization, and agent performance.
Special Skills Required:
- Simulation Modeling
- Regression Modeling
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Database Management System (DBMS)
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Experience with Descriptive, Exploratory, and Predictive Data Analysis
- Experience with BI tools and advanced analytics techniques including MicroStrategy, SQL, and Excel.
- Prior experience working with government sponsored health care programs and systems.
- Prior experience working with mathematical modeling and statistical software, business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lead Analyst – Data Analytics (VA-3165)” in the subject line. No telephone calls, please.
MAXIMUS Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.