Duties**This announcement has been amended to extend the closing date to Monday, February 13th**
As a Program Manager/Chief Data Officer, you will:
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Plan and manage data governance programs to include establishing project goals, scope, and developing project plans. This includes working with other DFC offices that are executing projects in support of the oversight and regulatory aspects of the OPEN Data Act. Serve as a technical authority and consultant regarding agency innovation and the delivery of expert business intelligence with respect to data governance.
- Develop, implement, and improve policy, guidance, and direction regarding data governance and reporting by interpreting statutes, regulations, OPM memos, and White House directives. Provide program and project management support for the Data Governance Board, including providing plans, tasks, milestone dates, and schedules.
- Perform a broad range of data analyses assignments entailing unique problems, creativity, innovative use of techniques, advance approaches and or new technology. Lead the development and documentation of operational concepts and strategies for assigned programs/projects. Implement and manage the development and execution of Departmental strategies and tactics of the DFC-wide data collection and consolidation efforts. Evaluate the success of Data Governance objectives including the expectation for progressive and high-quality provision of data management guidance to stakeholders throughout DFC.
- Stay abreast of industry technology, trends and best practices, advising senior executives/leadership on new and improved data analyses strategies that will drive agency performance leading to improvement in overall data governance, promoting informed decision-making and ultimately improving overall business and performance.
- Lead the use of advanced analytical techniques to define, quantify, and evaluate the feasibility of assigned projects, studies or problems.
QualificationsStatus candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level). Applicants must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements no later than the closing date of this announcement.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Must submit resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Suitability for Federal employment, as determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
: Current career or career-conditional employees of the Federal government, or former career or career-conditional employees, who have a break in service of less than one year, are required to meet the time-in-grade restriction of one year of Federal experience at the next lower grade, with few exceptions outlined in 5 CFR 300.603(b).You may qualify at the GS-15 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirements:
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates your experience in: 1) establishing and evaluating data governance guidance, policies, and procedures to align collection, maintenance, and use of data with an organization's strategic goals and 2) advising senior management on organization data governance and strategy.
Note: Education is not substitutional at this grade level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.This position is being advertised concurrently with vacancy announcement 23-OCE-DE-11806883-MB using Delegated Examining (DE) procedures.
If interested, refer to that announcement to determine if you meet DE requirements and can apply to that announcement. NOTE: You must apply separately to each announcement in order to be considered under both.
This announcement may be used to fill similar positions, if additional vacancies occur. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.Additional informationCareer Transition Assistance Programs
: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must:
1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria;
2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and
3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility.
For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp) .Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA):
To be eligible for a VEOA appointment under Merit Promotion procedures, you must be a preference eligible or a Veteran separated after 3 years or more of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions.Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities
: For more information on appointment authority eligibility requirements:
Males born after 12-31-59
- Persons with Disabilities-Schedule A
- Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans
- Special Hiring Authority for Certain Military Spouses
- Other Special Appointment Authorities
- OPM Interchange Agreement and Other Miscellaneous Authorities
must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/verify/ ). Telework Suitability :
The duties of this position is suitable for telework. The selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act. Stipulations of Employment :
Selection may require completion of a 1-year probationary period.
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to E.O. 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.Work Schedule
: This position allows for a flexible work schedule. Miscellaneous:
DFC uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/ .
Recruitment and relocation incentives may be authorized for this position.