The Technology Integration Specialist provides leadership in implementing the ACPS vision of effective technology integration in the K-12 instructional programs; ensures that all instructional technology practices and resources are aligned and allocated in a manner that reflects the division's mission and instructional goals.
This position reports to the Director of Instructional Technology.Qualifications: Education:
Bachelor's degree in job-related area.Certificates & Licenses:
Valid Virginia Department of Education license required, or eligibility to obtain one.Experience:
Must have experience integrating technology with instructional practices. Must have strong leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, teachers, administrators and parents. Applicants must have at least three years of teaching experience.Key Competencies:
- Understanding of instructional practices that effectively integrate technology resources
- Understanding of blended learning and experience supporting it within the classroom environment
- Familiarity with emerging trends and innovative practices in instructional technology
- Applied knowledge of ACPS technology resources or their equivalent
- Working knowledge of the concepts and principles of shared decision making
- Expertise in planning and delivering professional development including advising, coaching, and mentoring adults
- Experience facilitating small and large group meetings and projects
- Ability to effectively communicate through written and oral language
- Ability to implement and support collaborative efforts
- Ability to establish trusting relationships
- Ability to work flexible schedule including some afternoons, evenings and Saturdays
- Lead division-wide effort to appropriately integrate technology into all areas of the curriculum as guided by state, national and international standards for students and staff.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of the ACPS Technology Plan.
- Work collaboratively within the Department of Technology Services as well as with other ACPS departments and schools to lead and support blended learning.
- Set and reflect on professional goals and participate in professional learning to support those goals.
- Facilitate digital citizenship efforts at the school level
- Coordinate and lead division wide professional development opportunities including but not limited to: Introduction to ACPS Technology, Teacher Leadership Project, Blended Learning cohorts, and new teacher programs.
- Participate in school based meetings including but not limited to: team, content, faculty, leadership and PTA meetings.
- Coordinate and support the work of ACPS instructional staff through problem-solving, co-teaching, modeling lessons, coaching and mentoring.
- Manage and/or support multiple projects in multiple locations.
- Work collaboratively with instructional leaders (i.e., principals, curriculum specialists, coaches) to identify and evaluate effective instructional technology practices.
- Participate in the selection, review, and implementation of division wide instructional software and tools
- Contribute to an annual report on the status of instructional technology as directed by the Coordinator of Instructional Technology.
- May perform other additional duties or tasks as designated by supervisor.
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
Central Office Salary Range:
Teachers and Other Licensed Staff Salary Scale (http://www.acps.k12.va.us/hr/compensation/) Shift Type: