Clearance Required:Public Trust
US Citizenship: Summary
The MIL Corporation seeks a System Administration, Analyst to support a Federal government client at one of our Washington, DC Metropolitan area locations. Responsibilities
The contractor shall apply working knowledge of systems design, implementation, operation and maintenance of critical network management infrastructure systems and tools over their full system lifecycle to:
- Support additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems, and attached devices.
- Investigate, analyze, recommend, configure, install, and test new network hardware and software.
- Monitor Network management Service Now queue and maintain updates within SLA guidelines. Work with NMS team members to reduce ticket queues and provide implementation support.
- Provide direct support in the day-to-day operations on network hardware and operating systems, including the evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems using knowledge of hardware and software installation and maintenance in a PC/LAN_WAN environment.
- Maintain network infrastructure standards including network communication protocols such as TCP Transport Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Manage basic firewall changes per New Service Now process.
- Research, test, and implement VPN Appliance and Load Balancer configurations and update Load Balancer configuration and management.
- Review and fulfill requests from customers via the Library's ticketing system. Incident requests shall be resolved in accordance with the OCIO Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Priority Matrix.
- BA/BS or a combination of courses and related work experience and at least 3 years of related work experience.
- 2 years experience maintaining enterprise level networks
- Excellent customer service / interpersonal skills
- Strong troubleshooting / problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent administrative skills
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination.
- 5 years network experience
- Cisco or other network certifications
BS or relevent years of work experience Clearance
Public Trust Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.