- Dewey Square Group
- Washington D.C.
- Feb 02, 2023
- Mar 09, 2023
- Full Time
Dewey Square Group
Position – Accountant
The Dewey Square Group (DSG) is one of the country’s leading Democratic public affairs firms. Working for both political and corporate clients, DSG brings together the very best professionals in grassroots advocacy, state and local outreach, strategic communications, coalition development, digital media and government relations. The firm has built a strong reputation for designing and executing winning solutions for Fortune 500 corporations, leading trade associations and major non-profits.
The Accountant will be an integral part of the DSG Finance team. The primary objective of the Accountant is to perform the day-to-day accounting operations of the Company and support the Finance team in timely closing and reporting of monthly financials. The ideal candidate should be flexible, motivated, proactive, and willing to take on more responsibilities as needed. This role reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Review billing memos provided by client leaders and entries entered by Finance Plus (Shared Services) and post entries in Maconomy (accounting software). Prepare revenue by client actuals vs forecast variance schedules and research variances.
- Work closely with Finance Plus billing team to prepare WIP, deferred revenue, AR and accrued revenue aging reports with commentary and research and reconcile outstanding aged variances.
- Prepare month-end journal entries and coordinate with Finance Plus (Shared Services) to record transactions timely and accurately.
- Prepare month-end control schedules including P&L and Balance Sheet variance analysis commentary.
- Map and reconcile financial statements between local system and consolidated system.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations prepared by Finance Plus and reconcile outstanding variances.
- Assist Finance Plus in daily activities as needed.
- Ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining SOX control matrix to ensure the Company is in compliance with monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual controls. Prepare month-end internal reporting including Revenue by Client, P&L Analysis, revenue and operating profit analysis and financial summaries. Prepare and update practice area P&L reports monthly. Support budgeting / reforecasting process by updating different budget templates in Excel and data input in Cartesis (consolidation reporting system)
- Report monthly financials, and other financial reports in Cartesis.
- Responsible for maintaining client contracts log.
- Ad-hoc reporting as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 3-5 years of professional experience preferably in accounting field.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Must be proactive and a self starter.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge with Excel.
- Able to work long hours during busy times.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Dewey Square Group does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.