West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Principal Associate, Travel Risk Specialist
Capital One is seeking a motivated professional for a Travel Specialist - Principal Associate position within the Travel and Expense (T&E) Team. The T&E Team manages the travel program for Capital One's global footprint to provide our travelers with the best possible experience. The team delivers a travel strategy that aligns with Capital One's organizational objectives, values, and behaviors and focuses on maximizing value, minimizing costs, and streamlining processes.
The Travel Risk Specialist supports all aspects of managing a corporate travel program including, travel policy, traveler experience, travel supplier management, data/metrics reporting and insights, customized stakeholder processes, the travel ecosystem and landscape, travel operations, and travel technologies. General Responsibilities:
- Support the day-to-day travel operations of the travel program including the air/hotel/ground categories and vendor relationships.
- Serve as the main contact for travelers, travel arrangers, and guests; handle general inquiries; resolve issues; refer more complex inquiries to appropriate personnel, and maintain confidentiality in sensitive matters. Provide solutions to travel-related issues and follow-through during the complete traveler journey: pre-trip, during-trip, and post-trip.
- Identify innovative ideas, technology, and best practices to improve operational excellence to drive traveler satisfaction and safety, policy compliance, cost reduction, and program efficiency.
- Ensure and track compliance with all configured travel policies and procedures and provide analysis and reports as needed.
- Educate travelers and travel arrangers through the use of travel-related technology, processes and protocols.
- Collaborate with the internal stakeholders to, share relevant program updates or feedback and identify areas for improvement and/or enhancement.
- Partner with various travel suppliers such as Air Carriers, Hoteliers and ground transportation companies to negotiate pricing, build partnership contracts and agreements, and oversee processes and services provided.
- Coordinate end-to-end travel program and policy review trainings/workshops including content management, logistics, communication, delivery, and outcome reporting/analytics.
- Lead or participate in special projects such as supplier RFPs and travel tool implementations.
- Participate in requested budget processes and ongoing reforecasting for travel vendor fees and other program costs.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of Project Management experience
- At least 1 year of Process Management experience
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in travel management experience
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in the areas of business travel, travel risk management, and/or expense reporting.
- Ability to use data and analysis to inform decision making presentations at all levels.
- Demonstrates critical thinking in decision making by considering the impact on interdependent functions and weighing cost/benefit
- Demonstrated in-depth experience collaborating in cross-functional teams and being a team player.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize a high volume of demanding, concurrent projects;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).