(1) Supervises, instructs, and trains subordinates in the performance of work. Makes assignments, checks progress and adequacy of work, and determines need for changes in the office. Evaluates the analysis interpretations and conclusions developed by subordinates. Grants leave, hires new employees, and is responsible for the effective operation. Evaluates work performance of subordinates. Ensures equal opportunity for subordinates in the selection of participants for training, promotions, awards and recognition, and other career development opportunities.
(2) Directs, coordinates, and manages the material readiness program. Responsible for overall direction, coordination, and management of the surface equipment materiel readiness program and training of maintenance personnel. Provides quality assurance measures for state materiel readiness programs. Reviews reports for status of readiness.
(3) Serves as the surface maintenance course manager. Determines career development needs and coordinates with the Surface Maintenance Manager and the Budget Advisory Committee to program funds for full time support and unit maintenance personnel training/schools.
(4) Plans, develops, and manages the Maintenance Assistance and Instruction (MAIT) program to provide necessary training and development of unit personnel. Responsible for the development and presentation of class materials. Reviews training reports, staff visit reports, and inspection reports to determine areas of weakness in support of units/ activities.
(5) Develops and directs implementation of mission support plans for new weapon systems or equipment entering the state's inventory for their impact on the surface maintenance community. Determines the impact on maintenance facilities, training, special purpose tools and test equipment, budget, etc. Determines requirements; coordinates and manages new equipment training, displaced equipment training; and funding and/or maintenance training requirements. Coordinates full time support personnel training with the Human Resources Office. Coordinates training requirements with other staff sections.
(6) May serve as a member of the State Readiness Committee and as Chief of the MAIT.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned. RequirementsConditions of Employment
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement. Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service. Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation. May be required to successfully complete a probationary period. Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
1. Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
2. This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun ControlAct (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence maynot perform the duties of this position.
3. Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributingto a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
4. May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
5. The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.QualificationsMilitary Grades
: Warrant Officer WO1-CW4 Enlisted E7-E9 GENERAL EXPERIENCE
: Experience, education, or training which has provided the applicant with knowledge of one or more classes of equipment. The experience must include knowledge of standard shop terminology. A basic knowledge of mechanical principles relating to equipment. Experience must demonstrate the ability to read and interpret blue prints and technical publications. Knowledge is of the type gained from technical training, education, and experience in functions such as repairing, overhauling, maintaining, constructing, or inspecting equipment. Experience using computer and automation systems. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE :
- Must have at least 36 months experience, education or training overseeing and implementing a program involving the identification and resolution of difficult issues or problems in a maintenance function. Experience preparing budgets based on plans for maintenance, repair work, new construction alteration projects, replacement of existing equipment, or increase in services and processes to ensure program effectiveness. Quality of Experience
- Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience and/or training must show possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position.EducationYou must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.Additional information
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( Register | Selective Service System : Selective Service System (sss.gov) ).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .