Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Associate, Product Management - Ventures
Product Management at Capital One is a booming, vibrant craft that requires reimagining the status quo, finding value creation opportunities, and driving innovative and sustainable customer experiences through technology.
Capital One Ventures (COV) is the strategic investment arm of Capital One. We seek to invest and partner with cutting-edge technology startups in order to bring Capital One the latest technology, applications and learnings from innovators and industry experts. We are uniquely positioned at the intersection of Capital One's business and tech organizations and the startup ecosystem. We continuously survey the market for opportunities that not only result in financial return but drive strategic impact and better experiences for Capital One customers.
COV has team members in San Francisco, New York and the Washington, DC area at Capital One Headquarters (McLean, VA) who work to identify new opportunities in enterprise tech, big data, cybersecurity, identity, payments, fintech and other sectors.
Some of our investments include: Snowflake, ThoughtSpot, Blend, Cylance, Riskified, Dave and Eightfold. Who we're looking for:
We seek a highly motivated and energetic Product Manager to join our Early Stage Venture team. As an important member of the Early Stage team, Product Managers spend their time on identification and evaluation of attractive consumer and market opportunities, business concept validation, and venture creation. Previous experience or a strong interest in working directly with startup companies and understanding the startup world is highly desired.
In this role, you'll learn the essentials of being a product manager, and we'll invest in you to grow in four key areas:
- Human Centered
- You'll collaborate with tech teams to build comprehensive acceptance criteria, identifying and elevating any need for additional research to define future feature design
- You'll breakdown business epics into features and further into user stories, driving your team towards lowest effort or Minimal Viable Product (MVP) for a valid feature test
- Business Focused
- Demonstrating a growth mindset, you'll effectively use hypothesis-driven assessment of data to ensure your product or feature delivers on real business needs
- You'll own and prioritize feature development roadmaps, ensuring all necessary processes and procedures are followed to manage risk
- Technology Driven
- You'll work autonomously in an agile environment, to conduct research and develop features that utilize new and evolving technology
- You'll collaborate with designers, technologists, data scientists and subject-matter experts to build cutting edge solutions to help customers
- You'll deliver well-managed product platforms for customers by seeking to understand technology trends and architecture strategy
As part of the Early Stage Venture Team, you'll have access to:
- Transformational Leadership
- By actively participating in horizontal forums, you'll harness a network of trusted relationships among tech teams, designers, key internal stakeholders and partner teams
- You'll articulate a succinct product roadmap to deliver business value and share with with stakeholders, elevating your team's results and becoming a product matter expert
We want you if you are:
- Designer, analytics associates and ventures partners to evaluate new ideas and workshop with
- Lessons on investment due diligence through the broader Venture Investment portfolio of companies and investment activities
- Product, design and investment diligence tools to make research, design, diligence and collaboration easier
- A set of wide problems to solve which track back to the biggest concerns facing Capital One
- Intellectually Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer. Comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn and a seeker of new challenges
- Communicator & Influencer. You can communicate complex ideas clearly regardless of your audience. Our team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. You always can rally associates to work with you
- Do-er. You're biased toward action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can get around roadblocks and stay focused on your goals. You're well organized, able to multitask and able to prioritize your work
- Passionate & Customer Focus. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You get a thrill from the journey of building and shipping products, and you have a desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs
- Learner. You have an appetite to learn new things or new technologies all while exhibiting humbleness when the time comes to ask for help
- Team Player. You enjoy working with diverse people and driving the team toward a common goal. You have the ability to put the team before yourself and establish long-lasting relationships
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of product management experience or at least 1 year of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, software engineering or business incubation
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering
- 1+ years translating business strategy or analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 1+ years of experience working on core product platforms powering digital experiences
- 1+ years working with cross functional teams as a product owner in an agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $112,400 - $128,300 for Sr. Associate, Product Management
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).