Operations Specialist - American Association for Anatomy (AAA)
- American Association for Anatomy (AAA)
- Rockville, Maryland
- Jan 30, 2023
- Mar 06, 2023
- Associations, Nonprofit
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
The American Association for Anatomy (AAA) is a small international membership organization, with 2,500 biomedical researchers and educators specializing in the structural foundation of health and disease. AAA connects gross anatomists, neuroscientists, developmental biologists, physical anthropologists, cell biologists, physical therapists, and others to advance anatomy through research, education, and professional development.
AAA is seeking an experienced Operations Specialist to provide high-level support for the executive director and Board of Directors as well as support for other organizational projects, as necessary. This is a trusted and critical support role to the executive director. Some travel required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the administrative liaison between the executive director and the Board of Directors Communicate, as appropriate, with all levels of volunteer leadership, especially the Board of Directors Maintain up-to-date Board rosters via the database and their Anatomy Connected private online community Manage the Board briefing book development process including assembling all documentation, collecting committee and other representative reports as necessary Prepare Board meeting minutes for review by the executive director Ensure volunteers are properly notified, in a timely manner, of meeting arrangements and expectations Coordinate Board meetings logistics including collecting participant travel itineraries Coordinate new Board and Committee Chair orientations
- Coordinate all meetings and conference calls for the executive director Maintain files of fully executed contracts Coordinate office operations (e.g., mailing/shipping, supplies, landlord) including office-related vendor relationships/agreements (e.g., technology support) Provide administrative support for annual and regional meetings Arrange travel plans, itineraries, and compile documents for travel related meetings Execute office and team tasks as needed (e.g., logistical support for events, database input, record keeping, ordering supplies)
- Support the financial integrity of the organization by accurately processing payables, receivables, credit card reconciliations, check deposits, wire transfers, expense reimbursements along with supporting financial documentation, and related activities Develop administrative office budget and monitor financial statements for tracking expenditures Coordinates annual financial audit preparation
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have a welcoming demeanor, be collaborative, intellectually curious, detail-oriented, proactive, diligent, and flexible. Other key qualifications include:
- 3-5 years of operations experience in an association/nonprofit environment, preferred but not required Customer service orientation Strong Multi-tasking Skills Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Proficient in QuickBooks, financial acumen Experience using association management systems (AMS) such as iMIS Cloud, highly desired Self-motivated with ability to work under pressure Discretion and professionalism in assisting executive director and Board members Excellent oral and written communication skills including grammar, spelling, and proofreading
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a salary range of $65K - $70K. This position has room for growth, given the organization’s new initiatives. Exceptional benefits including professional development opportunities, 403-B retirement, paid holidays, annual and sick leave, medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and free parking are offered. AAA is conveniently located in Rockville, Maryland, walking distance to Metro and on major bus lines. Free shuttle from office building to North Bethesda Metro.
AAA has an established hybrid work policy that currently includes two full days of work onsite in Rockville, Maryland. This is subject to change at any time.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.faseb.org/employment. Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
If an accommodation is needed to complete the application process, please contact FASEB/AAA’s Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: “AAA requires all employees to receive the most recent vaccination of COVID-19 unless a valid exemption is executed.
For information on the American Association for Anatomy (AAA), please visit this site: http://www.anatomy.org
AAA is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.