Manager for Career Readiness Operations
- The Universities at Shady Grove, Rockville, MD
- Rockville, Maryland
- Jan 30, 2023
- Mar 06, 2023
- Education, Colleges and Universities
- Full Time
Position Number: 106752
Payroll Title: Manager
Functional Title: Manager for Career Readiness Operations
Category: Exempt Regular
Location: The Universities at Shady Grove, Rockville, MD 20850
Posting Date: 01/26/2023
Closing Date: 02/16/2023
The Manager for Career Readiness Operations will develop strategic initiatives associated with the Universities at Shady Grove (USG) and its operations. This position will implement programming around USG’s new career readiness framework; develop and manage career competency assessments; oversee technology aspects for signature program Hire U operations, lead the USG Career Readiness Advisory Committee, engage with Montgomery County Career Readiness Committee efforts. Responsibilities will include program design and development, overseeing technology implementations, development of marketing and communications programs, training programs, data management and reporting. The Manager will lead a campus-wide career readiness team, composed of designated staff across USG coming together to ensure students are achieving intended learning outcomes, and incorporating continuous improvement methodologies to sustain optimal program processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in career services, employer relations, experiential learning programs, student affairs, human resources, or workforce development; previous experience with the development of student-related programming required. One (1) year experience supervising staff required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage fast-paced, complex multi-institutional student services environment Ability to work closely with a variety of constituencies including USM institutions, community colleges and professional and community organizations in the USG service region. Skills in communication, and leadership, including the ability and talent to work with diverse individuals on a variety of issues and to support an inclusive environment. Ability to supervise and train staff including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments. Ability to manage a variety of tasks; and ability to demonstrate initiative and project management skills.
- Master’s degree preferred Skills in computer and database development preferred
- This position is located in Rockville, MD.
- Professional office environment. Typical work day requires several hours of sitting, talking and computer based work. Physical activities include set up and break down of events, and standing for long periods of time. This position requires working some evening and weekends as needed. Regional Travel may be required. Overnight and/or out of state travel for conferences, events, or other programs/activities may be required.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please visit: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/103502