Job Announcement$5,000 Sign-On Bonus*
Exciting opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team at the Fairfax Detoxification Center, in a community based residential setting. Staff is being enhanced and expanded to provide integrated services, addressing substance use, and mental health disorders as well as co-occurring primary care needs. Programming includes medical and clinically managed detoxification, acupuncture, case management and referral services. This position is responsible for clinical, medical, and primary care issues including the following:
- Serves as the liaison to community resource pharmacies and community medical providers.
- Provides clinical collaboration with physicians/medical staff and the mental health treatment team regarding medical support to clients.
- Provides outreach and support services, conducts and gathers relevant information on medical services, provides accurate and timely written documentation on clients in the program.
- Visually observes physical appearance of clients and monitor their behavior. encouraged clients to comply with program rules and expectations.
The LPN position description requires contact with individuals suspected to be Covid-1 positive, serving them within 6 feet with appropriate PPE. Face-to-face services such as vital signs, injections, medication administration requires proximity.
The position is designated emergency series personnel and is expected to report to duty even in cases of inclement weather.
The population of Fairfax County is very diverse where 39.8% of residents speak a language other than English at home (Spanish, Asian/Pacific Islander, Indo-European, and others
) and we encourage candidates bilingual in English and a foreign language to apply to this opportunity.*BONUS:
This position includes a $5,000 signing bonus for new county merit employees.Note:
To learn more about careers that make a difference, watch our video "CSB Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Providing Care
(The illustrative duties listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all-inclusive list. A complete list of position duties and unique physical requirements can be found in the position job description.)
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Provides nursing services to individuals and/or families in clinics, ambulatory care centers, offices, or community settings;
- Administers medications and performs treatments;
- Performs appropriate height, weight, and head circumference measurements;
- Performs Snellen (eye chart), Ishihara vision (color), and audio(hearing) testing;
- Administers immunizations under the supervision of a licensed medical practitioner or registered professional nurse;
- Solicits contraindications and medical history prior to each injection;
- Assists in pharmacy organization;
- Performs necessary laboratory tests and/or specimen collections per agency protocol (e.g., venipuncture; finger, foot, and heel stick; blood pressure checks; and urine testing);
- Records and reports testing and specimen collection findings;
- Prepares lab specimens collected for shipment to other labs;
- Maintains a neat clinic area, assuring supply room is properly stocked and organized and that equipment is cleaned, sterilized and maintained in good working order.
(The knowledge, skills and abilities listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all-inclusive list.)
Employment StandardsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of practical nursing skills gained through an accredited practical nursing program;
- Skill in performing technical nursing procedures (e.g., injections, venipuncture, blood pressure screening);
- Ability to identify questionable test findings;
- Ability to perform CPR or perform emergency treatment for life-threatening conditions;
- Ability to elicit sufficient pertinent medical information from a client and record a medical history that is complete and accurate;
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and staff members.
Graduation from an accredited Practical Nursing program; plus two years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse.CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- Possession of current license or a multistate licensure privilege to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the Commonwealth of Virginia;
- CPR/First Aid - within 90 days of hire
Some positions within this classification will require additional certifications and licenses, as defined by the position description and posted in job announcements.NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a Child Protective Services Registry check, and a sanction screening to the satisfaction of the employer. A TB screening upon hire and annually thereafter.
This position is emergency/essential services personnel. (Required to report for duty during inclement weather and/or other emergencies).
All newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (two weeks after the last required dose) as a condition of employment or obtain approval of a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date
. Proof of an exemption or vaccination status will be required during the pre-employment onboarding process. New employees who obtain an exemption from the vaccine mandate for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs may be subject to a weekly testing requirement. Vaccinated employees and employees with a medical or religious exemption will complete the attestation online on their first day of employment or shortly thereafter.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Extensive experience working with substance abuse and/or psychiatry nursing, medical/surgical nursing.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be capable of providing nursing care/assistance including physically assisting large adults in hygiene, personal care and elimination. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Panel Interview and may include a practical exercise.Fairfax County Government prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or military status in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.