Specialist, Knowledge Management (C1)
- University of Maryland
- College Park, Maryland
- Jan 26, 2023
- Mar 02, 2023
- Education, Colleges and Universities
- Full Time
Position title: Specialist, Knowledge Management (C1)
Position #: 01250910
The Knowledge Management Multimedia Specialist’s responsibility will be to produce video content, provide video event coverage, live event production, and editing services. The Multimedia Specialist will also produce content supporting campus community members who formally request assistance in producing instruction-related media and provide them with technical support during their use of Division of IT-supported multimedia delivery tools.
This position is under the direct supervision of the Knowledge Management team which is responsible for all aspects of creating and maintaining the technical and support knowledge necessary for the Service Desk and campus community to use DIT-supported software, systems, and services.
Education and Experience: Associate’s degree, preferably in a program that required coursework and training in multimedia production such as Computer Graphics, Art, Communications, or Journalism (with a media production emphasis) OR one-year work experience in a field in which multimedia skills were demonstrated.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skilled in video, audio production, and post-production.
- Camera operation.
- Knowledge of a variety of media formats and requirements for saving and exporting.
- Demonstrated experience with non-linear editing systems.
- Proficient in the Adobe Design Premium Suite.
- Written and verbal communication skills, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with screen capturing software.
- Familiarity with website content management systems such as Drupal.
Salary range $15-$25 per hour
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
- Ability to move and operate video production equipment in a studio and on location.
- Able to lift a minimum of 10 lbs.
- Ability to travel to other locations with video production equipment.
Best consideration date: 02/15/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/103798
Vaccine protocol: The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu [ejobs.umd.edu] and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.