IT Telecommunications Specialist (Non-Exempt)
- University of Maryland
- College Park, Maryland
- Jan 26, 2023
- Mar 02, 2023
- Technology and Software
- Full Time
Position title: IT Telecommunications Specialist (Non-Exempt)
Position #: 111368
Provide in-the-field support for the Campus Voice/Data Networks. This support includes designing, installation, diagnosing, and repairing the connections and equipment that make up the network. Miss Utility site survey and locating of cabling. After hours and weekend work to support the UMD athletics on game days, and other duties as assigned. A valid driver’s license is required.
High School Diploma or GED.
Five years directly related experience. Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
- Ability to work in, on, around, over and under fixed equipment and machinery; to work in confined spaces; to lift and transport telecommunications supplies and equipment; to analyze problems of a technical nature and to develop procedural steps in the solution of problems; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to provide guidance and instruction to others; to work effectively with others; to use hand tools and test equipment; to wear and work in personal protective equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of telecommunication systems.
- Skill in systems design work.
- Skill and ability to operate computers, communication systems equipment and other mechanical lifting and moving equipment.
- Ability to analyze problems of a technical nature.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Capable of providing guidance and instruction to others.
- Works effectively as a team player and alone.
- Field experience
- Certifications related to the job. Example: BICSI 2 Installer (copper or fiber)
- Possessing the skill and ability to operate and perform basic computer skills, and software related field support tickets.
This position requires a candidate to possess and maintain a driver’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Salary Range: 62,717.00 - $75.260.40
- Medical, [uhr.umd.edu] dental [uhr.umd.edu], and vision [uhr.umd.edu]coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission [uhr.umd.edu] for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package [uhr.umd.edu] to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits [uhr.umd.edu] created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
And many more… [uhr.umd.edu]
Physical demands: Some of the physical demands will include climbing up and down ladders. Pulling indoor 6a cable and terminating. The ability to carry up to 50lbs, cable, spools of fiber, tool kits/boxes, etc.
After hour/overtime work will be required in some cases, but mostly volunteer. A valid driver’s license and ability to drive a light duty truck/van is required.
Best consideration date: 02/03/2022 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/103652
Vaccine protocol: The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu [ejobs.umd.edu] and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.