Shady Grove Medical Center seeks to hire an experienced Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) for our Med Surg Oncology Unit who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental, and spiritual healing.
As an Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM), you will:
• Execute the delivery of safe and effective patient-centered care.
• Demonstrate professionalism and uphold standards of practice by holding team members accountable for continued compliance in accordance with organizational policies, protocols, and guidelines.
• Implement daily operations, as defined by the care delivery model, for the Med Surg Unit with just in time adjustments to match patient needs with unit resources.
• Models and encourages professional practice that includes employee autonomy, authority, accountability, and responsibility within the Med Surg Unit.
• Demonstrate effective communication, conflict resolution, team building, and leadership skills.
• Reports significant events such as: near misses; adverse events; patient/family complaints; and any situation that affects the safe delivery of patient-centered care in a timely manner and communicates theses events and resolutions to the Med Surg Clinical Manager.
• Role models positive customer service behaviors through the consistent application and deployment of AHC's mission and values, and holds self and others accountable.
• Promote cohesive work teams by actively supporting intra- and inter- disciplinary teamwork, with the department and organization.
• Ensure adherence to standards of care defined by professional and regulatory organizations, and knowledgeable of structure standards.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Valid Maryland RN license required
• Active American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
• Two to three years' recent experience on the Med Surg unit, prior charge/leadership experience preferred
• Certification in department-specific area within the first year of the position
7pm-7amAt Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you.
We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through nonrotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Free Employee parking
- Benefits Eligible Positions:
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans [including health, employer-paid disability and life insurance, PTO]
- Employer retirement contribution and match after 1-year of eligible employment with 3 year vesting
- Ancillary benefits such as flexible spending, legal and pet insurance to meet the needs of employees and their eligible family members
- Subsidized childcare at participating childcare centers
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today, apply now to be considered! COVID-19 Vaccination
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and , if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a n designated Adventist HealthCare location. Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing. Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.