Energy Auditor, Field Technician (Residential)
Energy Auditor, Field Technician(Residential)
Applications Accepted By:
Fax or E-mail:
202.478.2050 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Energy Auditor, Field Technician
This position provides energy audits including but not limited to Quick Home Energy Check-ups (QHECs) to residential buildings. The Energy Auditor (EA) is responsible for all technical aspects related to site visits of existing homes and multi-family buildings. The EA is required to identify energy efficiency and related cost savings opportunities, with the potential of installing various products to retrofit existing equipment.
- Works with Residential customers and other concerned parties to provide education in energy efficiency improvements.
- Perform Residential site visits, collect equipment inventory and energy data, identify energy efficiency opportunities, performing energy savings analyses and make recommendations to customers.
- Present recommendations to the customer and obtain customer agreement to continue with the installation of appropriate energy savings products (see below).
- Perform equipment installation on showerheads, faucet flow restrictors, LED bulbs, pipe insulation, Smart power strips, Water heater temperature turndown, ShowerStart® TSV Adapters and Smart Thermostats, if recommended.
- Responsible for maintaining daily supply of necessary inventory.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions during site visits with minimal guidance.
- Time management is imperative.
- Schedule customer/client appointments to conduct home energy audits.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and attend trainings provided by the company and potential third-party partners.
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED Required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is a plus.
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) “Building Analyst” or CEM or CEA Certification Required
- Experience in energy efficiency (energy savings calculations from HVAC, lighting, building envelope, etc.; building energy auditing) is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience.
- Up-to-date knowledge of computers, tablets and current software tools including Microsoft Office, is required.
- Effective communication skills and experience communicating with clients, the public as well as team members, is required.
- Possesses a disciplined, self-motivated, and proactive work style and the ability to perform with minimum supervision.
- Candidates must have a mobile phone, valid driver’s license, and a personal vehicle (tablet and or other devices provided by PEER, and job-related mileage reimbursed).
External: Travel is required. Travel is typically local and consists of travel to project sites.
Physical Demands: Work may involve lifting and carrying packages, documents, laptop computers, and other equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Field work may involve standing and walking for long periods, but most office duties may be performed from a seated position.
Competitive salaries, statutory benefits, and participation in a 401(k)-retirement plan. Full time employees are offered an excellent employee benefits package, including comprehensive health benefits and insurance.
PEER Consultants, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workforce. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Apply for Energy Auditor, Field Technician (Residential)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly