Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Project Manager, Marketing Operations
Capital One, one of Fortune Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For," is looking for an experienced marketing operations manager to join the Marketing Transformation team in our US Card business. The Marketing Transformation team is rethinking how we market at Capital One and creating an industry-leading marketing organization through technology, capabilities, and processes. In this role, the Manager will help construct what the future of Marketing Operations looks like for the US Card organization, including how we create a high bar for compliance, while creating governance standards, strategically improving processes, and capacity planning for the future. This role is highly collaborative and requires someone who creates structure in ambiguity and can contribute to the strategic vision and translate it into tactical execution.
- Help redefine & build overarching governance model for Card marketing that ensures we have best-in-class operations to deliver marketing in a well-managed way
- Contribute to a roadmap to implement and scale horizontal marketing governance function
- Evangelize perspective on governance to diverse set of stakeholders across US Card
- Design and implement the set of methodologies, systems, and practices that govern our lead management process across the various lines of business within US Card
- Identify inefficient processes and translate them into effective ways of working and embed them into the organization with training, communications, and documentation
- Collaborate with teams across the business to synthesize the marketing controls into a single source of truth and update as needed for our new marketing capabilities
- Identify processes and controls that should be automated and work with product owners to define requirements and see project through to completion
- Develop resourcing and capacity models to help us prioritize investments and resources to drive the marketing transformation program forward, own the dashboards and reporting for those models
- Define relevant metrics and report on marketing operations goals
The Ideal Candidate:
- Thrives in creating structure in ambiguity, driving results
- Can flex between strategy and tactical execution, breaking strategy down into an actionable plan
- Has full ownership of their work and communicate the results to a wide audience
- Is comfortable being subject matter expert in marketing operations leads their work from end-to-end (strategy through execution)
- Is an effective communicator and can influence at various levels across the organization, crafts compelling narratives, and can distill complex information into essential information
- Establishes a network of strong relationships across our partner teams (Platform Operations, Risk, Compliance, Business, Marketing, etc)
- Has strong judgment in prioritizing work, knows when to escalate and drives towards resolution
- Influences cross-functionally by building relationships across support teams and lines of business, connecting people and information necessary to deliver results
- Is proactive in identifying problems and works towards finding solutions that are high impact
- Seeks out diverse perspectives to challenge and validate their work, actively listens to others perspectives and feedback
- Has a passion for marketing operations, bringing structure to the creative side of marketing, and enabling industry leading marketing
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years of project or process management experience
- At least 1 year experience in marketing operations or multi-channel digital marketing
- At least 1 year of experience working with marketing technology platforms (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Hubspot, Workfront, Marketo, Asana or Persado)
- Masters degree in Marketing or Business
- 5+ years of experience working with cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment with a track record of effectively working autonomously and navigating ambiguity
- 3+ years experience leading cross-functional teams
- 3+ years of marketing experience in financial services or another highly regulated industry
- 2+ years building dashboards in systems such as Tableau, Workfront, Salesforce, or other technology platform tools
- 1+ years of people management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $142,979 - $168,683 for Manager, Project Management
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).