RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Provide independent and collaborative primary care or specialty, comprehensive and therapeutic health care services.
- Adapt treatment to new, experimental, and ground-breaking theories in the focus of diverse patient care, from inpatient to outpatient settings.
- Assesses acute and non-acute clinical problems.
- Obtain and record problem-oriented health history; order and interpret related laboratory and diagnostic tests; perform systematic physical examination and interpret abnormal and normal findings to form diagnosis.
- Conduct interdisciplinary and intradisciplinary collaboration with physicians regarding patient management.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- This position may require the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check may be required.
- This position may require the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Tier 3 security investigation or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check may be required.
- This position may have specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties may require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- Selectees may be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to pre-employment screening and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to consent to participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- A pre-placement medical examination may be required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- This position may require the incumbent to have tuberculosis testing.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- This position may require the incumbent to work during irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
- Moderate to heavy lifting up to 50 pounds may be required.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience and education requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document . Basic Requirement for Advanced Practice Nurse (Nurse Practitioner): Degree:
A graduate or higher level degree from an accredited professional nursing educational program in Nurse Practitioner
is required. This education must have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.).Foreign Degree:
A degree from a Foreign Nursing School. Official certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools is required for individuals who graduated from foreign nursing schools.Licensure:
A current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States; and you must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination.Licensure:
A current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse in the specialty of Nurse Practitioner
or related specialty from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.Exemption:
You are exempt from the basic requirements above if you are a current federal employee occupying a position in the 0610 occupational series and have been continuously employed in this occupational series since September 27, 2017 or before. Applicants claiming this exemption must meet the requirement below. Note: You will be required to provide appropriate documentation to the respective Human Resources Office to validate your status.
Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
Active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:Professional Nursing Experience
: One or more full years of professional nursing experience which includes performing examination and assessments of assigned patients, obtaining and recording health histories of patients, ordering and interpreting laboratory and diagnostic tests for patients, prescribing a variety of medications to patients.
This definition of professional nursing experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-0610-12)
.Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.EducationFOREIGN EDUCATION:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html . Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Position may be designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- This position may be designated as Emergency Essential. You may be required as a condition of employment to take the series of anthrax vaccine immunizations to include annual boosters. May include other immunizations that may be required for this position/for a position you may fill as an emergency essential alternate. Failure to take immunizations may lead to your removal from position or separation from Federal service. Position is considered essential to support DoDs mobilization and wartime mission during periods of increasing tension or mobilization. Position is considered emergency essential because (1) No qualified and immediate replacement exists; (2) having it vacant would/impair effective operation of essential military support system/adversely impact combat mission of deployed forces. Failure to remain in your position may result in separation for the efficiency of the Federal Service, (Ch 75 Title 5 USC; FPM Ch. 752).
- This position may be designated as Key. For positions located within the Continental US (CONUS), the position cannot be vacated during war or national emergency without seriously impairing the mission.
- Position may be designated as Mission Essential. The incumbent will be required to report to work during times of contingency operations, natural disasters, extreme weather or other emergency situations.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Recruitment or relocation incentives MAY be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- Due to COVID-19, the agency is currently in an expanded telework posture. If selected, you may be expected to temporarily telework, even if your home is located outside the local commuting area. Once employees are permitted to return to the office, you will be expected to report to the duty station listed on this announcement within a designated time frame identified by the organization. At that time, you may be eligible to request to continue to telework one or more days a pay period depending upon the terms of the agency's telework policy.
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/ .