Coordinator, Post-Award Grants Management (#127837)
- College Park, Maryland
- Jan 24, 2023
- Feb 28, 2023
- Accountant, Finance
- Education, Colleges and Universities
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
The Department of Animal and Avian Sciences (ANSC) at the University of Maryland, College Park, is seeking a Coordinator, Post-Award Grant Management (#127837) to manage all aspects of the post-award process for grants administration. This is a 12-month Full-Time Exempt Staff position. Under general supervision from the Director of Administrative Services, the coordinator will provide post-award grant management and business administrative services to ANSC, a department of twenty-five Principal Investigators accumulating an average of $4 million annually in sponsored research funding, per university policy and the Sponsor’s requirements. Duties include the sole responsibility for managing and coordinating sponsored grants administration, procurement, budget control, and human resources post-award actions for ANSC funded grants and programs. Additional responsibilities include:
- Creation and reconciliation of accounts using BA4 Priority software. Develop monthly financial reports for PI review.
- Developing cost projections, as requested. Acting as the key department liaison to AGNR AgPAS in coordinating the generation of budget proposals and justifications for the department's PIs for submission to Sponsors.
- Generating essential post-award documentation, such as no-cost extension requests and effort reporting for the department’s funded grants, and maintains documentation for audit purposes.
- Working closely with AGNR AgPAS and PIs to generate budgets (both new proposals and revised budget requests.).
- Generating necessary post-award documentation and maintaining records for audit purposes.
- The successful candidate will also manage the billing for the Department Service/Recharge Centers.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field is required. At least three years of progressively responsible experience in providing post-award management of sponsored grants and programs is required. Additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple and continuing assignments on an occasional deadline-driven basis. Working knowledge of various University systems, including BA4, KR, and CONCUR. Ability to work independently: interacting effectively and comfortably with internal and external stakeholders. Knowledge of and skill in the practical application of generally accepted office practices and procedures with a keen regard for confidentiality and the ability to communicate proficiently (orally and in writing) is essential.
Preferences: Experience as a PHR Creator and knowledge of Workday are preferred. Candidates with experience managing funded grants from the beginning to the termination date are highly preferred.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications. The University of Maryland offers an extensive benefits package.
Closing Date: For best consideration, applications should be submitted by February 20, 2023. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is identified.
Applications: Applicants must apply through eTerp at https://ejobs.umd.edu/ [ejobs.umd.edu].Candidates should upload resume, unofficial transcript, cover letter to Advisory Committee, Department of Animal and Avian Sciences with a brief description of previous experience and contact information of three professional references.
The University of Maryland, College Park, actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.