Meetings Coordinator - Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP)
- Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP)
- Rockville, Maryland
- Jan 24, 2023
- Feb 28, 2023
- Associations, Nonprofit
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Full Time
The Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP) was founded in 1995 to provide structure and leadership to the emerging field of molecular diagnostics. AMP's 2,800+ members include individuals from academic and community medical centers, government, and industry; including pathologist and doctoral scientist laboratory directors; basic and translational scientists; technologists; and trainees.
AMP is seeking a Meetings Coordinator to coordinate activities and provide administrative support for AMP events. A non-exempt position. Reports to the Director of Meetings & Exhibits.
- Coordinates logistics for AMP’s primary event, the AMP Annual Meeting & Expo, plus several smaller meetings and events Performs Speaker Management tasks, including: Records and tracks speaker recommendations provided by the Organizing/Program Committees Distributes and collects speaker conflict of interest/disclosure statements Distributes and collects speaker letters and materials (hotel, bios, pictures, presentations) Communicates with speakers regarding questions and to provide information Coordinates travel logistics such as hotel and ground transportation; provides flight options Collects, reviews, and processes speaker honoraria and reimbursement requests
Provides administrative support to the Organizing/Program Committees & Awards Committee, which includes but is not limited to preparing meeting correspondence, sending meeting notifications, organizing and confirming meeting arrangements, and taking and distributing meeting minutes Coordinates pre-event and onsite logistics related to special events and Committee/Board meetings occurring at the Annual Meeting & Expo Coordinates with conference vendors to ensure high quality services & performance prior to and during the event Coordinates and conducts onsite registration for the Annual Meeting & Expo; including temp staff training and registration set-up Performs onsite conference tasks such as moderator/speaker checks, session room and event checks Provides content and updates/edits for marketing materials for onsite Annual Meeting & Expo communications. Collects from AMP departments and posts content on the AMP Annual Meeting & Expo website Collects Program Materials such as the Annual Meeting Printed Program book, the website, and printed and digital promotional materials, and checks them against source materials for accuracy Assembles and coordinates event materials shipments Conducts inventory of meeting supplies and materials (awards, badge holders, ribbons, badges, etc.) Researches and presents options for / recommends event vendors Reviews for accuracy and processes vendor invoices Provides general administrative assistance within the Meetings Department, including: Monitors and responds to meetings department telephone and email inquiries Assists Meetings staff with tasks for Committees Maintains Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Maintains pace reports for event data Maintains digital and paper files Prepares surveys and downloads response reports from survey system Participates in site visits for face-to-face meetings and AMP courses Assist other departments with their events, as assigned Assist with planning and/or executing staff events, as assigned SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint required Proficiency in Meetings Management and CRM systems such as CadmiumCD and Salesforce a plus Proficiency in web editor and communications systems such as Mura and iContact a plus Excellent team player and willing to assist all staff members as assigned Able to quickly learn new skills and information and put into immediate use Able to quickly change priorities and adapt to change High level of productivity with multiple, concurrent projects; dependable; meets due dates Excellent attention to detail and is highly organized Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally; and maintain a professional demeanor when under pressure Handles confidential information appropriately Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma; associate or bachelor’s degree a plus 2+ years of relevant experience, which may be gained while in school
- Extensive use of a computer Work more than an 8-hour day during events Move throughout and between various offices and meeting locations Routinely lift objects less than 10 lbs.; occasionally lift objects up to 25 lbs. Work is primarily performed in the AMP office and various meeting locations. Telecommuting up to 3 days a week may be granted after an onboarding / transition period but is not guaranteed Overnight travel to the annual meeting (up to 9 consecutive days) required; possible overnight travel to 2-3 other events/meetings/site inspections (up to 5 consecutive days); inclusion of weekends may be involved
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a non-exempt position. AMP offers competitive salary and excellent benefits, including 403(b) retirement with employer contributions, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability), free parking, and professional development opportunities.
The AMP office is conveniently located in Rockville, Maryland and is walking distance to Metro and major bus/shuttle lines.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.faseb.org/employment. Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Please note: “AMP requires all employees to receive the most recent vaccination against COVID-19 unless a valid exemption is executed.”
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact FASEB/AMP’s Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on the Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP), please visit: https://www.amp.org/
AMP is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.