Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.Job Summary:
Westat is seeking a full-time Statistical and Data Management SAS Programmer who will interact with experts in different subject matter areas (epidemiologists, economists, and social scientists), statisticians, and other programmers. As a strong candidate, you will have applied your SAS Data Step and Macro programming skills while working on large health and social science datasets in a team setting. You should be skilled at translating concepts into algorithms for creation of analytic datasets.Job Responsibilities:
• Use SAS to perform data management tasks and support data analysis.
• Work with multifaceted teams comprised of subject matter experts, statisticians, and programmers.
• Conduct data reviews and create documentation.
• Assist with task timelines and management. Basic Qualifications:
• A Bachelor's degree.
• Applied SAS programming skills, especially linking datasets.Preferred Qualifications:
• Use of SAS for data cleaning and transformations to support data analysis with a focus on variable creation.
• PROC SQL programming.
• Proficient with creating and using SAS macros.
• Familiar with R, SQL and/or Python.
• Experience with longitudinal studies.
• Experience with working in a team setting.
• Experience with working on multiple projects and/or tasks at the same time.Minimum Qualifications:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Detail oriented.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.#LI-WST1