AARP Foundation works to end senior poverty by helping vulnerable people over 50 build economic opportunity. Our approach emphasizes equitable outcomes for populations that have faced systemic discrimination. We serve all people 50 plus and their families. Through vigorous legal advocacy and evidence-based solutions, and by building supportive community connections, we foster resilience, advance equity and restore hope.
The Program Operations Advisor supports that Tax-Aide program. Tax-Aide has over 25K volunteers, operates in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, and serves over 1.2 million taxpayers. The Program Operations Advisor serves as the relationship manager with the Print Center of Excellence, ensuring that all products are ordered, fulfilled and made available to volunteers within the program cycle. The Advisor will lead and guide the development and updates needed for the programs' state websites. As volunteer experience is essential, this role will provide direct support to volunteer leaders as it relates to the state websites and ordering products. Provides program operational support for a variety of projects, programs, and initiatives that are typically division-wide or organization-wide. Collaborates with management, program staff, and volunteers to streamline processes and develop new procedures that support the business unit/department. Responsibilities
- Provides management and oversight of business operations for AARP Foundation programs including financial, IT, systems development and implementation, business processes and compliance, and data reporting systems and procedures.
- Ensures all contractual requirements, audit and reporting requirements, federal regulations, and AARP Foundation policies and directives are implemented.
- Uses and analyzes data to recommend program and process improvements and to measure outcomes.
- Works with program management to support stakeholders, including volunteers, participants, and partners.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 3+ years experience with project/program management along with experience serving in an advisory capacity to departments and/or business units.
- 2+ years of experience managing and updating websites.
- Experience leading cross-functional projects in a matrixed work environment.
- Experience delivering presentations.
- Experience with Salesforce, SharePoint, Cloud based software & relational databases.
Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA)
- Regular and reliable job attendance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit respect and understanding of others to maintain professional relationships
- Independent judgement in evaluation options to make sound decisions.
- In office environment with the ability to work effectively surrounded by moderate noise
AARP observes Mondays and Fridays as telecommuting workdays, except for essential functions. Remote work and telecommuting can only be done within the United States and its territories. Compensation and Benefits
AARP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k); 100% company-funded pension plan; health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance; paid time off to include company and individual holidays, vacation, sick, caregiving, and parental leave; performance-based and peer-based recognition; tuition reimbursement; among others. Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.