Clearance Required:Public Trust
US Citizenship:Required Summary
Seeking a Systems Engineering, Senior Manager to be responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems and the Database Administrator will administer patches, sustain, and manage the databases. These systems are highly critical and configurations have impacts on mission. Responsibilities
- Maintain responsibility network policies
- Monitor new complex systems
- Sustain and maintain a production database environment, a replica test database environment, and an unclassified but similar database environment
- Coordinate and assist with deployment and support activities
- Develop data migration plans and scripts
- Update, patch, and improve the application and database as required
- Configure and install systems hardware or software and maintain server and domain security requirements.
- Plan and schedule the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems and applications software
- Maintain systems configuration and manage the installation and integration of system fixes, upgrades and enhancements.
- Responsible for all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Maintains the integrity and performance of company databases and ensures that data is stored securely and optimally.
- Prepare activity and progress reports regarding the database management section.
- Supports cloud-based database technologies such as Microsoft Azure, including but not limited to, MySQL.
- United States citizenship is required
- Hands on Oracle Database Administrator with eight (8) or more years of working experience.
- Hands on MySQL Database Administrator with four (4) or more years of working experience.
- Demonstrated Linux and Windows operating system experience.
- Experience in backup and recovery especially the use of RMAN, and export/import required.
- Experience in Oracle Data Guard, Grid Control, GoldenGate, Multitenant, Apex, and Connection Manager required.
- Experience in TDE (Transparent Data Encryption) is required.
- Experience in MySQL replication and encryption is required.
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination.
- Experience in SQL Server preferred.
- Supported cloud-based database technologies such as Microsoft Azure or AWS, including but not limited to, MySQL.
- Familiar with MySQL tools mysqldump and mysqlbinlog.
- Experience in using BASH shell and tools such as tar, gzip, and OpenSSL.
- Strong SQL and PL/SQL skill. The skill in T-SQL is preferred.
- Strong database troubleshooting and performance tuning skills, especially in Oracle.
- Experience in installing, upgrading, and configuring databases servers.
- Knowledge of cluster and VM environments.
- Strong understanding of DMZ.
Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.