The Coordinator of Testing performs a variety of professional, supervisory, technical, and administrative tasks in directing the administration of standardized testing of students. Responsibilities include coordinating and supervising the school-based implementation and administration of statewide, college entrance, and military service testing programs and training school staff to administer testing programs.
This is a 12 month, 240-day position.
This job reports to the Principal.Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a job-related area strongly preferred
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid Virginia Department of Education license preferred.
- Experience: Job-related experience within a specialized field is required. Professional experience in standardized school testing is preferred.
- Assigns, trains, directs, and supervises staff assigned to testing programs to ensure adherence to established policies, procedures, and standards.
- Assists and advises school staff, as necessary, resolving problems as non-routine situations arise.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as a liaison with the Department of Accountability.
- Attends statewide training sessions and conducts local training sessions to inform school staff on proper conditions, practices, and procedures for testing.
- Supervises school-wide coordination of test implementation.
- Monitors proper use, and further dissemination and maintenance of score report.
- Conducts ad hoc research projects (e.g. teacher loads, grade distributions, Lexile ranges, etc.) to convey information to principal.
- Consults with appropriate faculty/staff to determine the validity of requests for exemptions from testing and/or for modifications in testing procedures.
- Monitors the administration of tests and investigates discrepancies in test administration.
- Determines need to suspend or proceed with altered test administration.
- Consults with and provides test data and analysis to department chairs, counselors, and administrators in support of improved student achievement and the School Improvement Plan.
- Coordinates and supervises the implementation and administration of the school-based student testing required for graduation, college entrance, and military service.
- Interprets and disseminates test results in a timely manner.
- Maintains a list of students eligible to retake the SOL test.
- Monitors and creates annual summaries of Verified credits for graduation to inform staff, students, and parents of non-graduating students with sufficient credits, but an insufficient number of verified credits.
- Monitors Federal No Child Left Behind guidelines related to testing and works with staff to develop plans to meet Annual Yearly Progress (AYP) benchmarks.
- Organizes and runs workshops training test administrators, assistants, and students.
- Oversees ordering of test materials for the school, verifies shipment, and coordinates repacking and shipping of materials.
- Provides analysis of student achievement data to convey information to staff.
- Provides training and support in software and instructional materials in SOL courses.
- Stores all testing material in a locked room at the school to ensure the security of test forms and related materials.
- Works closely with the Guidance Department to deliver student testing services.
- Works with department chairs in setting up remediating classes and disseminating information to students and parents.
- Works with staff at the school to prepare for assessment programs and consults with data processing staff on computer hardware and software issues and concerns.
- AP Coordinator
- Validation and preparation of student data
- Coordination of enrichment and remediation to meet individual student needs
- May perform other additional duties or tasks as designated by supervisor.
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
ACHS King Street Campus Salary Range:
$63,436.80 - $77,952.00 / Support SUP-32 Shift Type: