Oversee school improvement plan (CSIP) process, conduct data analysis, serve as school testing coordinator, provide training and support on formative & summative assessment to staff, provide guidance in PLCs, assist staff in the utilization of data to drive instruction, develop workshops based on academic needs, and provide additional support as warranted for the Core Knowledge curriculum framework.
Note: This is an 11-month/206-day position.QualificationsEducation:
Master's degree requiredCertification/Licensure:
Certified in Elementary Education or K-12 Content AreaOther Qualifications:
- Data Wise or some data training preferred
- At least five years of teaching experience required
- Assists teachers and grade-level teams with the implementation of the Virginia Standards of Learning
- Works with teachers to improve classroom management and climate through the implementation of effective instructional methods
- Analyzes student and teacher test data to determine teaching and learning effectiveness for each concept taught
- Analyzes student test data and advises teachers and appropriate staff on trends, outcomes, needs, and effective practices
- Recommends changes to current practices, approaches,
- methods, strategies, and assessments as needed Demonstrates, monitors, and evaluates the application of effective teaching strategies
- Recommends best practices to achieve the desired student learning outcomes
- Serves as the liaison for professional learning between Title I/Curriculum and the school
- Coordinates site-based professional learning activities as needed
- Conducts professional development at the school as needed
- Informs faculty of professional development opportunities
- Participates in periodic professional learning activities
- Performs other Title I duties as assigned by the Principal or Title I Grant Manager
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
Jefferson-Houston IB PreK-8 School Salary Range:
Teachers and Other Licensed Staff Salary Scale (http://www.acps.k12.va.us/hr/compensation/) Shift Type: