The Instructional Assistant I assist the classroom teacher with maintaining classroom order; presents direct instruction of supplied materials primarily in small groups; performs classroom clerical tasks; monitors student behavior during non-classroom time.
Vacancies are currently at the following schools:
Cora Kelly Elementary School
Lyles Crouch Elementary School
Patrick Henry K-8 SchoolQualifications:
- Education: Community College and/or Vocational School degree with study in the job-related area, 48 college credits, or an Associate's degree.
- Administers first aid as required to provide immediate care.
- Assists children with disabilities on and off the bus.
- Assists students with breakfast, lunch, snack, clean-up, lavatory, clothing, personal hygiene, and wash-up.
- Implements (under the supervision of the teacher) instructional programs and lesson plans.
- Monitors students during assigned periods within a variety of school environments (e.g. restrooms, playgrounds, hallways, bus loading zones, cafeteria, parking lots, etc.) to provide a safe and positive learning environment.
- Performs record-keeping and clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, etc.) in support of the teacher and/or administrator.
- Provides verbal feedback and/or written documentation to inform teacher(s) and/or parents of students' progress.
- Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students (e.g. accidents, fights, inappropriate social behavior, violations of rules, safety conditions, etc.) to appropriate instructional and/or administrative personnel.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
Division-Wide Salary Range:
$22,626.05 - $28,514.30 / Instructional Assistant I Shift Type: