- Loudoun Water
- Ashburn, Virginia
- Jan 20, 2023
- Feb 24, 2023
- Accountant, Finance
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for a Financial Analyst in the Finance division. We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to prepare, analyze and maintain financial accounts and reconciliations. The analyst will be responsible for performing accounting functions to include all fixed assets. Essential functions include:
- Maintaining cash accounts and payments received.
- Preparing bank deposits, journal entries and vendor payments.
- Preparing, analyzing and maintaining detailed and complex financial and cost accounting reports and statements.
- Performing reconciliations of general ledger accounts.
- Preparing work papers relative to the annual audit and assisting external auditors with requested data.
- Ensuring proper internal controls are in place and maintained, and compliance of all accounting activities with applicable laws, regulations and policies.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who is an exceptional communicator, with project management and organizational skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field and demonstrated experience, preferably in a public agency. An advanced degree in a related field or CPA certification may be substituted for part of the required experience.
Special Requirements: If selected for employment all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 prior to their start date.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE