ERP International is seeking an Orthopedic Technician for a full-time position supporting the 56th Medical Group at Luke AFB, AZ. Apply online today and discover more about this outstanding employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2022 Top Workplaces!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 11 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life, and Health Savings Account available, and more!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Monday - Friday, 9 hours between 7:00am to 5:30pm, including a one hour lunch.
No Weekends, No Holidays, No Call!
Job Specific Details and Tasks:
• Gives training and instructions to other hospital staff such as Physician Assistants, Acute Care Physicians, nurses, and medical journeyman concerning casting techniques and principles.
• Ensures cast room, surgical suite and treatment rooms are adequately stocked with supplies to include office supplies operating publications and linens. Trains other medical staff on these procedures.
• Executes reception desk duties and trains other Ortho Technicians according to standard operating procedures.
• Reviews patient medical records for previous exams and other pertinent data for provider's reference during current exam. Schedules and provides preoperative instruction/information for surgical procedures for both outpatients and inpatients. Documents patient education provided.
• Maintains records of upcoming appointments performed in the clinics.
• Trains telephone etiquette to other Ortho staff and requests assistance or information from patients, administrative support staff, nurses and physicians.
• Schedules follow-up patient visits. Maintains and files physician copy of clinic records. Must be fluent with the 56 MDG computer systems AHLTA/CHCS.
• Constructs and applies a variety of splints and casts using all form of casting to include thermoplastic casting materials as determined by the provider. Provides this training to Ortho staff. Applies subsequent or uncomplicated casts independently. Shapes and attaches splints. Draws up injection medications as prescribed by the physician and preps injection site prior to the injection using proper sterile techniques, knowledge of medication given and possible side effects and adverse reactions.
• Must have a current Ortho specialty area certificate from an accredited national, state or military trained equivalent school, and show the ability to perform the position duties.
• Takes, monitors and records physiological measurements.
• Triages urgent needs.
• Assists with medical treatment, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures per treatment protocols.
• Chaperones patients.
• Assembles, maintains, and operates medical, diagnostic and therapeutic equipment.
• Performs or assists with the performance of specialized testing and examinations.
• Assist with routine and emergency orthopedic procedures.
• Upon completion of procedures and examinations, properly cleans and organizes room and performs any necessary cleaning of equipment as established by departmental policies and procedures and standards.
• Ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift.
• Ensure preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
• Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
• Provides patients with the utmost care and attention. All patients shall be assured of their privacy and personal dignity.
• Prepares all documentation to meet or exceed established standards of the MTF, to include, but not limited to, timeliness, accuracy, content and signature. Only MTF and Air Force-approved abbreviations shall be used for documentation of the patient health record.
• Must have extensive knowledge and experience in casting and splinting.
* Education: HS Diploma or equivalent, supplemented with one (1) year of related experience in an accredited health care hospital/clinic which results in familiarity with and knowledge of hospital or clinic routines and procedures in orthopedics, including orthopedic trauma service, pediatrics, hand, foot and ankle, sports, and/or spine.
* Experience: At least 1 year experience in the last 2 years as an Ortho Technician in an Ortho Clinic. Must have excellent communication skills in order to train new Ortho Technicians in orthopedic tasks, casting and procedures as well as instructing patients on all aspects of care.
* Clinical Certification: Certified by American Society of Orthopedic Professionals (ASOP) or National Board for Certification of Orthopedic Technician. (NBCOT)
* Life Support Certification: Possess and maintain current AHA or ARC BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.