Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat has an immediate opening for a Compensation Specialist. In this role you will use your proven analytical skills in combination with your strong organization and communication skills to collaborate with team members and internal clients. Your ability to navigate multiple tasks under tight deadlines will be a key part of this role.
We offer a Hybrid work arrangement for this role, you'll join us on-site anywhere from 2-4 days per week.
· Review and code Position Request Forms (PRFs)
· Collect market data using PayFactors/PayScale and other sources
· Develop and update job descriptions as directed
· Assist with BLS reports and survey data
· Review job descriptions to ensure proper FLSA and EEO classifications
· Assist with mid-year/annual compensation tasks
· Work closely with the Compensation, Recruiting and benefits teams with miscellaneous projects
· Other duties as assigned
• Typically requires a bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Understanding of compensation practices and the knowledge and ability to interpret federal, state, and local labor laws.
• Proficient in a Microsoft Windows environment including advanced Excel skills like VLOOKUP and Pivot tables for data analysis.
• Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
• Organizational skills
• Communication skills
• Analytical skills
• Detail oriented, conscientious, organized, and able to handle multiple tasks according to stated timeline
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.