Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire an experienced Patient Access Registrar who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As a Patient Access Registrar I, you will:
• Supports hospital registration processes, perform and enforces all activities which involve the placement and movement of patients, monitor efficient transfers and discharges.
• Maintain accuracy in documentation of death certificates and morgue throughput.
• Acts as a liaison between Patient Access and Clinical staff consistently representing Patient Access in a professional manner.
• Assist in Optimizing Bed Control training with other staff.
• Collaborates with other departments, physicians and administration for optimizing bed usage and to ensure placement efficiency.
• Coordinates bed placement according to hospital guidelines and/or given staffing guidelines.
• Assesses admissions for appropriateness and collaborates with others for optimal plans in compliance with payers and inpatient criteria.
• Minimum of 3 years experience within a healthcare environment. Can include insurer or public health setting as well.
• At least 3 years experience in patient registration and/or eligibility and benefits.
• Requires working knowledge/training in government payer rules and regulations
• Requires working knowledge/training regarding TPLs, WC, and other payment sources and liabilities
• Some college or post HS education preferred..
40hours day shift 8am-4:30pmAt Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you.
We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through nonrotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Free Employee parking
- Benefits Eligible Positions:
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans [including health, employer-paid disability and life insurance, PTO]
- Employer retirement contribution and match after 1-year of eligible employment with 3 year vesting
- Ancillary benefits such as flexible spending, legal and pet insurance to meet the needs of employees and their eligible family members
- Subsidized childcare at participating childcare centers
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today, apply now to be considered! COVID-19 Vaccination
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and , if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a n designated Adventist HealthCare location. Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing. Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.