Clearance Required:Ability to Obtain a Top Secret
US Citizenship:Required Summary The MIL Corporation
is looking for an Audio/Visual (AV) Engineer (Engineering, Senior Associate)
to support A/V design, integration, testing, installation, and sustainment activities. This role supports full life-cycle systems engineering efforts for large scale multi-level security A/V and VTC solutions for federal and DoD clients. Responsibilities
- Conduct or co-ordinate site surveys to establish AV/VTC design requirements.
- Design AV/VTC systems to meet specified requirements using Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools.
- Support creation of technical data package (TDP) items such as drawing review, Master Equipment Lists (MELs) and Master Parts Lists (MPLs).
- Support creation of custom system testing documentation.
- Support integration, testing, installation, and sustainment activities.
- Direct Configuration Management (CM) of design artifacts during design, integration, testing, installation, and sustainment activities.
- Troubleshoot system issues during integration, testing, and installation to determine and find resolutions.
- Interface with customers/sponsors/users and represent MIL and government representatives as applicable.
- Work with manufacturers to develop relationships related to equipment servicing (technical support, securing return authorizations, complete repair functions required to resolve customer issues).
- Research new and emerging AV/VTC software technologies and develop recommendations and solutions to further enable the collaborative experience
- Collaborate with remote resources to enable standardized AV/VTC technologies and develop unified processes collaborate with key stakeholder groups across multiple teams.
Up to 25% of the time, to CONUS and OCONUS sites as required. Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in design and development of large-scale AV / ATC solutions.
- Ability to interface professionally with customers and communicate effectively with project staff and other team members.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills, and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot AV/VTC software interfaces.
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination.
- CTS Certification.
- Experience with Cisco and Polycom video conferencing systems and infrastructure.
- Knowledge/experience with AMX equipment.
- Knowledge/experience with Crestron equipment.
- Knowledge/experience with Extron equipment.
- Experience with various video wall technologies and design.
- Experience with computer software including web capturing systems, digital editing software, web video encoding, and codecs.
- Experience with controlling room environmentals (such as lighting and shades) from a software programming perspective.
- Possess skill in preparing engineering documentation such as design, installation, configuration, and test documentation.
Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college. A high school diploma and six (6) years of work experience related to the position or an Associate's Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college plus four (4) years of additional work experience re lated to the position may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree. Clearance
All applicants for this position must possess a current Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top-Secret clearance
; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects. Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other chara cteristic protected by law.