NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Sr. Director, Chief of Staff and Head of Product Operations, Commercial ProductJob Description
The Commercial Bank's Product organization seeks a talented individual to be the Chief of Staff to the Commercial Chief Product Officer and lead the Product Operations team. This highly influential role on the Product Leadership team will enable laying out the strategic vision, product priorities and associated OKRs, and the integrated roadmap of efforts that power the Commercial Bank's strategy to enable a digital first client experience powered by rich real-time data.
Reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, the Chief of Staff is an integrator who brings together Product, Tech, Design and the Business to enable a high performing team. This quarterback will be accountable for the full ecosystem of Commercial Product management routines and drive complex cross-functional projects that require building consensus across business units and functional areas.
- Support strategic planning, change management, OKR development and tracking, budget and stakeholder engagement in partnership with the Product LT, Finance, HR and Communications
- Develop and execute management and governance routines, including owning agendas and action items of key leadership meetings, and holding teams accountable
- Partner with HR to drive strategic talent efforts related to recruitment, developing and holding a high bar for talent, compensation planning, performance management activities, and professional development/resources for the greater Product community of practice.
- Engage with the Product Council and provide support for its strategies
- Coordinate associate engagement across the Product, Tech & Design communities
- Engage with Commercial Chief of Staff forums and Tech & Design Chiefs of Staff to ensure alignment across business and functional areas of the bank
- Own integrated technology roadmap development and progress
- Manage key Product processes & high-level delivery routines in concert with Tech & Design
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the operating model across Product, Tech, and Design
- Deliver Product analytics, including reports and tools to support product teams
- Support project and change management activities, as needed
- Support efforts to build a "One Product" community
- Lead and/or provide oversight for various special projects as needed
Critical Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Ability to work effectively with senior executives, tech and design partners, business stakeholders, and operational teams to organize, influence, and align toward the best product strategy and delivery plan
- Solid understanding of product and software development lifecycle and its complexities
- Strong judgment, influencing and leadership skills
- Ability to serve as a role model for Capital One's Values
- Prior roles with specific strategy and analytics focus
- A passion for solving complex problems and building scalable solutions
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and mediation skills; ability to drive to consensus; high "EQ"
- Strong project management and organizational skills; meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguous situations and bring clarity to problem solving
- Proven experience with discretion in handling highly sensitive issues
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- 5-10 years of experience in financial services, wholesale banking, or B2B settings
- Experience in Consulting, Business Analysis, Product or Strategy roles
- Proactive self-starter, highly organized and driven, and comfortable working in white space
- Storyteller who can see the big picture and also succintly convey key product objectives/priorities to team members, partners and key stakeholders
- Independent problem solver who seeks insights from partners and drives to decisive paths forward - i.e. a bias to translate strategy to action
- Quick thinker, comfortable working in a fast-paced business while balancing business priorities
- Analytical or technical training a plus
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $258,545 - $305,025 for Sr. Director, Chief of Staff
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).