Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat is seeking a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) professional to promote our continued commitment to an inclusive work environment. In this highly visible role, you will support the Learning and Development and DEI Strategic Lead to effectuate the firm's DEI strategic plan. You will serve as an HR representative responsible for raising the DEI knowledge, awareness, and engagement of employees at all levels across the company. You will also assist in the development and implementation of a networking strategy to attract candidates from under-represented groups.
You will enjoy this role if you are a deadline driven creative who thrives on troubleshooting problems, using data to make informed decisions, and implementing solutions in a fast-paced environment. You are approachable with demonstrated ability to build relationships, communicate, and collaborate effectively across all functions and levels.
We would prefer to have you join us on site in Rockville, Maryland, from 1-4 days per week. We do offer a remote work option for this role as well. This role may require up to 25% travel if remote.Job Responsibilities:
· Assist Employee Resource Groups, Multicultural Education & Impact (ME&I) Team and its subcommittees in their facilitation of DEI-related activities including regular meeting planning and assistance with organizing internal and external event
· Aid committee leaders with obtaining needed resources
· Support the launch of new Employee Resource Groups
· Develop effective business relationships with leaders
· Work with Internal Communications to update DEI pages; determine strategies to drive traffic
· Serve as liaison for DEI vendors ensuring smooth delivery of services
· Coordinate meetings and virtual classes/events using virtual delivery tools such as MS Teams
· Coordinate with corporate communications to promote DEI initiatives; serve as point person for employees
· Cascade communication around training programs and activities
Recruitment and talent development support
· Develop and/or improve other inclusion strategies as needed to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion at Westat
· Collaborate with Westat recruiting to develop a college and community outreach program. Act as a liaison between colleges, community organizations and associations and Westat.
· Assist in developing opportunities to source, network and proactively reach under-represented groups
· Act as a resource to the Recruiting team with the crafting of job descriptions, interview questions and additional hiring material that contains non-biased language.
Oversight of training and development programs
· Assisting with the development and delivery of inclusion-related content and programming
Diversity metrics and reporting
· Provide analytical reports and statistics regarding demographic information, as needed
· Remain informed of trends in the diversity, equity, and inclusion space, and sharing relevant information as appropriate Basic Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of related DEI experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience presenting to stakeholders
· Experience coordinating/managing projects related to DEI initiatives and programs
· Experience with outreach to colleges, universities, and/or community partners to develop pools of talent for Westat openings.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook is requiredPreferred Qualifications:
· Proven influencing, negotiation, and facilitation skills
· Demonstrated knowledge of labor legislation, including Affirmative Action and other DEI-related regulations, trends, and practices.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.