Crown Consulting, Inc. strives to connect people through driving aviation innovation and expanding aerospace and telecommunications infrastructure. We have been making a difference for our FAA and NASA customers for over 30 years, developing and supporting programs that allow the FAA to coordinate responses to natural disasters; plan use of airspace; simulate air traffic demand; develop methods and techniques to improve the efficient use of the National Airspace; and contribute to the safe and effective control of air traffic. Our work in air traffic and flight simulation has provided the FAA the tools that are used today to effectively manage constraints imposed by severe weather or closed runways.
We offer a competitive benefits package including matching 401K, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans. We have been voted one of the best places to work in the Washington, DC area. We have built this reputation by hiring great people who value and support the mission of our customers. Come experience the Crown difference.
Crown was voted as "One of the DC region’s Top Workplaces in 2021."
The Accountant will be responsible for processing Accounts Payable and Payroll. The candidate will have strong organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Input, maintain and pay vendor invoices
- Verify approved employee expense vouchers and pay
- Check for monthly recurring vendor invoices - Review and maintain Accounts Payable Aging
- Prepare 1099 and other annual reporting requirements
- Maintain payroll employee masterfile in ADP
- Input new hire data, current employee changes and verify that ADP and UNANET data agrees
- Process payroll semi-monthly
- Verify ADP reports and reconcile
- Perform reconciliation of payroll accounts and post payroll reports
- General Ledger reconciliation and journal entry preparation
- Work closely with Human Resources to ensure employee information is accurate
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work well with others
- Strong organizational skills and key attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- UNANET accounting system and ADP payroll experience a plus
Visit: www.crownci.com for additional information on our company.
Crown is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a government contractor, most of Crown’s positions require US Citizenship.
Persons unable to complete an online application should contact Crown HR for assistance at (703) 650-0663 ext. 4011.
Crown is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.