Manager, Outreach and Knowledge Manager
Position title: Manager, Outreach and Knowledge Manager
Position #: 106400
The Division of Information Technology (DIT) at the University of Maryland, College Park, is seeking an Outreach and Knowledge Manager. The Manager supports the Director’s overall responsibility for customer facing IT Knowledge Management and Outreach by overseeing daily operations related to content (articles, posts, videos) creation and management, requests for changes and updates, and adherence to quality guidelines. Duties include: collaborating with the Director and other managers to create a strategic vision for Community Support & Outreach, providing daily and weekly service statistics, developing and carrying out quality assurance activities, leading projects, developing and deploying knowledge-centered support methodologies, coordinating outreach events, carrying out shift-left strategies, facilitating automation of tasks, championing AI adoption, reconciling issues raised to management, and representing Knowledge Management and Outreach interests on project teams. The Manager receives strategic direction from the Director to ensure daily operations align with organizational goals.
In addition to daily operations, the Manager acts as a project manager, ensuring Knowledge Management and Outreach initiatives are successfully deployed. The Manager ensures that DIT knowledge resources align with services and meet customer needs. The manager also acts as a business analyst, capturing and analyzing business processes and technology initiatives, and ensuring adequate service deployment.
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
5-7 years experience as a content developer, content writer, documentation specialist, information designer, information developer, technical writer or in a knowledge management role or related activities, including one year experience in a supervisory role. Other: This position requires a candidate to possess and maintain a Driver’s License valid in the State of Maryland with fewer than six (6) points.
- Masters degree in Information Systems or related subject.
- Experience with video production.
- Experience implementing Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) programs.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead team members, instruct, direct, assist, guide, and share information with both technical and non-technical personnel alike.
- Ability to prioritize and execute against multiple competing tasks.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of at least two of the three major computing platforms supported (Windows, Apple, UNIX) is preferred.
- Familiarity with ITIL 4.
- Certified Knowledge Manager (CKM)
- Certified Knowledge Specialist (CKS)
- Knowledge Centered Support Foundation (KCSF) certification
- Medical, [uhr.umd.edu] dental [uhr.umd.edu], and vision [uhr.umd.edu]coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission [uhr.umd.edu] for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package [uhr.umd.edu] to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits [uhr.umd.edu] created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more… [uhr.umd.edu]
Salary range low $80,000s to upper $90,000s
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Not Applicable to This Position, Medical Clearance for Driving a Vehicle (ex Commercial Drivers License)
This position requires the ability to lift computer equipment, occasionally travel across campus to different locations and to operate a motor vehicle.
Best consideration date: 02/07/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/103468
Vaccine protocol: The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu [ejobs.umd.edu] and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.